Skip to content

Supraventricular Tachycardia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Useful technique for SVT attacks

Hi, just had an SVT attack and thought I would share with you all the technique that just worked for me, and it's worked twice before as well. Basically you just lay on your right hand side, curl up into a bit of ball (ie knees tucked up and head forwards, fetal position) and then just …

Last reply
  • Are ectopics normal with SVT?

Hello! I'm a 16 year old female and I have had SVT for a little over 6 years. I had an ablation 8 months ago but it came back. So the issue I'm having is I think ectopic heart beats? Or palpitations. My heart will skip beats or one beat will be really hard and feels like its flip flopping …

Last reply
  • Svt ablation August 29th

I have been scheduled for an ablation at Barts hospital 29th August I have had 4 attacks in 18 months needing hospital help, I,ve had palpitations for 43 years, I,m 71 now.  I am concerned because I have read of people having worse symptoms after the operation, I have good and bad days with …

Last reply
  • Have I been diagnosed correctly (PLEASE READ)

I am 18 and always have a heart rate of over 100 and I went for multiple tests and they said I have nothing wrong but how can a heart rate of over 100 be okay?? This is what the letter I received said I have available this young gentleman's cardiac investigation results. 24-hour tape confirms …

Last reply
  • Partner had SVT episode heart rate above 230bpm. Advice?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice and possibly reassurance, it's my partner who has SVT and had recently had a bad episode which has led me here. He is 28 years old and had a catheter ablation done in 2009 due to frequent and long bad episodes one of which exceeded 300bpm, …

Last reply
  • Post Svt ablation

Hey all Had my ablation done on Wednesday afternoon, was around two hours.. no drugs other than the sedative for the catheters. Went home same night. I was wondering how everyone felt afterwards? I have managed to get a few stories from here and there, but can't find a specific post svt …

Last reply
  • Issues after catheter ablation?

Hello! I'm a 16 year old female and I had an ablation about 7 months ago for my supra ventricular tachycardia. My cardiologist told me that it was a success and I was healed. Only issue is I'm still having problems. I even went back to him and had an EKG, chest x ray, blood test and wore an …

Last reply
  • Issues after ablation for SVT?

Hello! So I had a catheter ablation 7 months ago for svt (supra ventricular tachycardia). My cardiologist said that my svt was gone and my heart was healthy. I started having issues with my chest about 4 months afterwards and went to the hospital and they monitored me for 6 hours. I came in because …

Last reply
  • Skipped beats/Palpitations after ablation

Hi everyone I had my ablation on the 20th April and had 2 weeks off work. For those first two weeks I had no skipped beats or anything. I went back to work last Monday and since then I have got them constantly even when I am relaxing and not exerting myself. I rang my doctor and am now …

Last reply
  • Ablating the AV node

I have had four ablations and the latest did not work so am now in permanent AF.  My choices are live with an irregular heart beat, doable but I get breathless walking up a hill, or being 100% paced with a pacemaker once they can kill the AV node .  Has anyone had this done and are they …

Last reply
  • Reoccurence of new type of arrythmia after ablation

22 year old male here. I was ablated for svt (av-nodal re-entry type) about 4 months ago. Im now afraid that I have developed atrial fibrillation. Last night i woke up in the middle of the night with a fast and irregular heart beat. It didnt feel as strong as my previous svt-episodes, which only …

Last reply
  • Quitting my Job because of SVT :( Anyone else done this?

Anyone had to quit/change their job because of SVT? Title says it all, really. I'm a 20 y/o female, fairly healthy. Been at university for a while. Found myself a nice job this summer, working with kids in a camp. It pays very well. It's my dream job, at this point in my life. The only …

Last reply
  • Innapropriate Sinus Tachycardia sometimes able to exert myself.

I’ve been diagnosed with innapropriate sinus tachycardia and when I was first diagnosed it was really dibilitating. Now I have improved somewhat. Today when I went hiking with my family I brought my chair and dispute being dizzy I was able to really push myself and didn’t have a coughing fit like I …

Posted
  • New sufferer

Hi All, I have suffered 3 SVT attacks in the past 5 or 6 months. The first one I had no idea what was happening and I just thought I was panicking. It suddenly stopped then started again a couple of hours later. I just went to bed (stupid I know) and by the time I woke up in the morning it was gone. …

Last reply
  • Anyone have short SVT episopes after ablation

I had ablation last Friday so about 5 days and I was resting and had a short about 20 second burst of SVT. If is wasn't SVT it sure felt exactly the same. I felt my pulse and had the same sensations. Is this normal or should I start to worry she didn't get it. Also has anyone actually …

Last reply
  • First SVT episode?

Hi all 👋 I was making my kids breakfast when my heart pounded once so hard I felt like I got kicked in my chest then kept pounding fast and hard for over 15min at the end it did another crazy one then went back into rythem. Scared me as you would all know. I’ve been referred to a …

Last reply
  • PSVT and propranolol

I've had psvt for years. I go for months without it and assume I'm cured and start drinking caffeine drinks and wine again and, BINGO, it's back again. You would think I would learn Ive just had propranolol prescribed (40mg per day in 2 doses). Anyone have any experience or …

Last reply
  • Anyone with Both SVT and Atrial Fibrillation?

Wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with both SVT and Afib. And if so could you provide a little history including how it was treated. If you decided to have an ablation, did you have an SVT ablation (right side of heart), an afib ablation (left side of heart) or a combination SVT and Afib …

Last reply
  • Inappropriate sinus tachycardia questions

So I was diagnosed with ist in 2015 Most of my symptoms are controlled with meds until I eat then I get uncomfortable does anybody else experience this? Also the doctor who diagnosed me said it usually goes away after about 5 years has anyone else heard this?

Last reply
  • Frequent but short time SVT

Hello there, I have had SVT attacks but was never diagnosed, as by the time i reach Hospital , SVT would have gone. Now recently i experienced 2 SVT attacks in 15 days but they lasted for less than 1 minute. does anyone also exp the same ? short time SVT's ? Are these considered dangerous ?. …

Last reply
  • 2 Ablations for SVT, low BP, now high BP

Hello, my teenage son has SVT and had his first sustaining event at 11, shortly after, he had his first ablation.  Almost a year later to the day, he had another event, followed by another ablation.  A year later he had a serious quad accident that caused him a lot of reconstructive …

Posted
  • Cardiologist who blows you off

About a month ago I had a sever attack of SVT. Wasn’t diagnosed yet. Went to the ER, thinking I was having a heart attack, luckily I did not have one after four hours, in the ER and being monitor.  The ER, doctor told me, to follow up with a cardiologist. I called the guy I saw 6 years, ago …

Last reply
  • When should you get a SVT Ablation?

Hi All, I am hoping to get some reassurance and advice here if possible. I am 23 years old and booked in to have a catheter ablation at the BMI London Independent Hospital to cure my SVT in 2 weeks time.  I am feeling extremely anxious about the operation and worrying that I am going to …

Last reply
  • Verapamil

Had to stop bisoprolol because the dose needed to stop the episodes was putting bp and pulse too low. Changed to 80mg of verapamil 3 times a day. Only been on it less than a week. My ectopics are same and still getting a bit of sinus tachy daily but not had another 6 hr attack of alternating sinus …

Last reply
  • SVT during tennis

I have bouts of SVT that occur when I play tennis (not every time though). Had one last July that lasted about 5 mins and didn’t need treatment. This put me off playing but now started playing again, first session last week was fine, played on Monday and triggered one. Luckily one of the people who …

Last reply
  • Anxiety/Paranoia after SVT episode...

It has been 2 weeks since I suffered my very first instance of what has been diagnosed to me as SVT... As a seemingly healthy 25-year old male, who does not smoke, drink, do drugs, drink energy drinks, etc., I still cannot decipher what exactly set my heart off to 200bpm in the first place, …

Last reply
  • Heart rate after Ablation Question

Hi, I am 13 days out now. for the first week my resting rate was about 8 to 10 beats higher than what I was and then the last 5 or 6 days it is slower by 4 or 5 beats per minute. I am still on 50mg Toprol while recovering. I was on the Toprol 50mg and my resting rate was pretty low at about 52. Now …

Posted
  • After Ablation how you feel Questions and comments

My ablation was Friday and it is Monday, I was able to walk slowly on a flat treadmill and groin is a little sore but no bruising or swelling. My heart rate and blood pressure seem pretty similar to before the ablation. The only thing I notice different is I get tired pretty easy. If I do something …

Last reply
  • Ablation On Friday - SCARED!

I'm scheduled for my ablation on Friday morning and I'm honestly terrified!  I'm scared that my heart won't "cooperate", as this has been an issue for me my entire life.  I'll have symptoms of "something", go in and NOTHING shows up.  " …

Last reply
  • Advice for up-coming 4th ablation

Some background information, I am female, 53 years old reasonably healthy except for the SVT.  I had my first ablation in January 2016 after probably 15 years of symptoms. When I originally had these 'episodes', as I used to call them, they would last 4-8 hours with a rapid heartbeat …

Last reply
  • Anyone have 100% success with Ablation?

Hi, My name is Danielle, I just joined the forums for some support. I am 31 years old and had my first catheter ablation about 6 weeks ago for ventricular tachycardia. I've been reading a lot of different stories online about those who have had ablation and I have yet to read at least one …

Last reply
  • My update

It's been 2 and 1/2 months since my 1 and only SVT episode and having my pacemaker put in to keep them from happening again and I have to say I feel great. That was the best medical decision I've made. I'm also glad I've joined this group. It's nice to read others stories. …

Last reply
  • SVT Events. Morning is the Worst. Lots of PACs as well.

Been having SVT events the past six weeks or so, mostly in the morning but not always. Events verified by Kardia Mobile. Sometimes HR goes up  to 160-190, sometimes it just rises to 120 with little exertion walking around. Events usually resolve on their own within 10-15 minutes. I also have …

Last reply
  • SVT Cardiac ablation

My daughter was advised by doctors to have a cardiac ablation. I would like to know if there's anyone who has done one a long time ago and has never had another SVT episode or take any medicine, in other word, someone who has been cured after this medical procedure. Thanks.  

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.