Skip to content
Ad

Supraventricular Tachycardia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Just diagnosed with SVT

Hi, I'm a 35 year old female who was just diagnosed with SVT after a 48 hour holter monitor caught 5 short psvt episodes highest being 172 bpm. On top of this I had 15 percent of my "normal" rhythm between 100 and 160 bpm. I was at rest pretty much the entire 48 hours as I struggle with...

Last reply
  • Words of Wisdom?

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all your help so far. My ablation is fast approaching and while I'm excited there's still this bit of me that is freaking out and wondering if I should cancel. I can deal with the episodes themselves as they don't freak me out and I don't get anxious about...

Last reply
  • My ablation is done :)

I had my ablation a week ago today. All went fine, the procedure took around 2 1/2 hours. I was aware of what was happening and able to watch it on the screen next to me. The only time I felt a little uncomfortable was when the ablation was taking place, although it really wasn't a big deal. The...

Last reply
  • possible svt?

Ive posted on here recently and had some brilliant advice from others unfortunately I have found myself in a pickle again I recently had a episode of what think may have been a svt, but not 100% sure. It all started when I started to take bisoprolol , I was prescribed 1.25 which is a low dose but...

Last reply
  • Things That Have Provided Relief For My PSVT

I just wanted to share with you guys what has helped me with my PSVT.  I used to get it so bad that I couldn't climb a flight of stairs without having my heart race and get out of rhythm.   It took me a long time to figure it out, but these are the things that helped me tremendously. 1....

Last reply
  • What's next?

Hi everyone, I'm a 17 yo who's been having episodes of SVT since I was 9. I usually have episodes around once or twice a month, each one lasting ~30 min. The shortest was maybe 5 min, longest was 3 hrs, and they have never responded to vagal maneuvers. I saw a doctor for it the first time it...

Last reply
  • Did anyone get relief from taking magnesium?

Hi all, I have AVNRT and am awaiting a second ablation. But in the last few months I get a lot of flutters.  These seem to be after I eat and then I get a lot of gas and burping.  My heart does that lull thing. Just feels like a flutter. I think it is aggitated from the gas ect. Just wondered...

Last reply
  • E.R. visit Saturday and heart had to be stopped!

Hello forum users, I am a 30 year healthy female. I work out 3-6 times a week with cardio and weights, eat mostly healthy/balanced, no smoking, no drugs, drinking just with social occasion, and have never had any heart issues in the past. My normal resting rate is 55-60. Saturday, I was causally walking...

Last reply
  • Ablation is 2 weeks out.. any advice?

Well, my ablation is scheduled for 2 weeks from yesterday. So far, here is what I am requesting:  - I am declining versed ("happy juice" before the anesthesia. I don't need something to calm me down, just get straight to the sedation  - I am instructing my doctor to not do the...

Last reply
  • Living With SVT

Does anyone else worry about their SVT or do you just accept it as a harmless nuisance.  I can't stop worrying about getting another attack, how do you accept it and live a normal life again?

Last reply
  • New Maneuver for SVT is GREAT! Modified Valsalva

Ok, maybe it's not new, but I believe the modified valsalva maneuver has only been documented in the last 2 years.  A brief history on my SVT - I'm 48 and just made my second ER visit for SVT. I've had many, many episodes lasting from 15 seconds to over 3 hours, and although it has...

Last reply
  • Ablation with or without general anesthesia?

Hi, Many of you have probably seen my last post about whether to get an ablation or not. I have decided to go ahead and schedule it. Since I am 16, it is standard procedure to put you under general anesthesia for the EP study and ablation. From my understanding, adults are not under general anesthesia...

Last reply
  • Flip-flops/stutter entering into SVT?

How does it feel for you when your SVT starts?  I'm 31 now. I have had a few episodes/year since I was 12. When I was younger, my SVT would start immediately, like someone flipped a switch, and my episodes would last a couple minutes.  The doctor said I may grow out of it. ...

Last reply
  • Some SVT Advice

(apologies in advance for the ‘wall of text’, but those of you that have been around on this forum for a number of years can at least console yourselves with the knowledge that it will be my last post. ....) Not all medics are good at their jobs. If you don’t already have a GP who cares and you trust,...

Last reply
  • It came back!!! );

I have had SVT's since my late twenties. They were pretty mild then, would last a 30 secs to a minute, and would happen maybe twice or three times a year. About 7 years ago, attacks became more often and longer, I had to go to ER twice and had that nasty medicine injected so my heart would reset....

Last reply
  • SVT Ablation still have palps.

Hello all, I'm 26 years old and recently just had an ablation for SVT. Little back story; I've dealt with SVT since I can remember but I've always just took a deep breath and brushed it off and it went away rather quickly. At the time I didn't know what it was or what SVT even was I just...

Last reply
  • SVT is ruining my life

Hi everyone! I just want to thank you all for your posts it really makes me feel better to know I am not alone in this. I had an SVT attack 3 years ago where my heart rate got up to 204bpm. I was freaking out as I didn't know what was going on. I went the ER and they had to actually stop my heart...

Last reply
  • Movement causes SVT

I have had SVT for about 12 years now, as well as the full SVT attacks I get lots of little one of strange beats that sometimes turn into the full thing, but most of the time don't. I find that bending down, even to put my shoes causes an abnormal beat or 2. Also after eating I can feel like I...

Last reply
  • SVT Help

Hey everyone.  Just looking for a bit of guidance or advice from anyone who has been through something similar.  When I was a teenager (maybe 14-15 although I do remember a handful of times it happened when I was younger) I started getting regular episodes where I would feel my heart "flop"...

Last reply
  • Ablation Questions

Hey guys.  Sorry for all the posts. So as some of you may have seen I have seen an electrophysiologist and he wants me to consider an ablation based on the fact that I have fainted several times with Svt.  I just have a few questions that would help me greatly!  1. How often do you get...

Last reply
  • Low Potassium and tachycardia

Hi, im a active normally healthy 17 year old female. I eat well, at a good weight, have no eating disorders etc. On the 9th of december last year, i started having chest pain and tachycardia. I was admitted to hospital and was told i have a potassium level of 2.7, my heart was going at 170bpm and had...

Last reply
  • Supraventricular tachycardia and exercise?

Hi, I was diagnosed with SVT from an early age, and spent most of my childhood going to and from appointments at the children's hospital. Eventually, after many many episodes (and of increasing length!) I was suitable for an ablation. I had the ablation at aged 17, however, unfortunately it did not...

Last reply
  • Useful technique for SVT attacks

Hi, just had an SVT attack and thought I would share with you all the technique that just worked for me, and it's worked twice before as well. Basically you just lay on your right hand side, curl up into a bit of ball (ie knees tucked up and head forwards, fetal position) and then just completely...

Last reply
  • More SVT Help Please!

Hey Everyone Thanks for your replies to my previous post. You have all been so wonderful and helpful and made me feel as though it's not all in my head <3 Just an update to my previous post, I had an episode on while bending over in the shower and walked (or struggled) across the road to a newly...

Last reply
  • Bad SVT attack , looking for some advice/ similar experience

Hi guys, I've had SVT attacks since about 10 years old, I'm 23 now and feel they are getting worse. I could get an attack from up to 6 times a month to only once or twice in 4 months. My expierenes have been normally sports enduced and the experience is like a "buzz" in my chest,...

Last reply
  • Pediatric ablation... would you do it?

My son has recently been diagnosed with SVT based on three holter readings. They want to perform an ablation on him but i am not convinced that it's svt. He has had multiple EKG and echo of which were all normal. How safe is this for a child and is it worth it? Are there any other tests possible?...

Last reply
  • New here, first episode of SVT two days ago

Hi All, Just looking for some insight to SVT. I do see a cardiologist next week as my first ever episode happened just two days ago. I've always had a heart flutter that lasts a couple seconds and would take my breath away since I was a teen but never anything like what happened the other day....

Last reply
  • Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia - with a twist.

I am a 21yo female, reasonably fit and healthy. I was recently diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia or IST, with a HR consistently above 100 BPM even at rest, and with gentle exercise - I can expect it to easily exceed 200 BPM. I spent months dealing with extreme shortness of breath, fatigue,...

Last reply
  • Anyone have 100% success with Ablation?

Hi, My name is Danielle, I just joined the forums for some support. I am 31 years old and had my first catheter ablation about 6 weeks ago for ventricular tachycardia. I've been reading a lot of different stories online about those who have had ablation and I have yet to read at least one story...

Last reply
  • Suffering with SVT...

I've been having this since 2011 and it has taken until 4 months ago to have it diagnosed. It begins with a crushing sensation around the chest, creeps up to the left side of my neck and then the numbness in my left are. During this my heart rate reaches 179/186 bpm. I have a spray I use but it's...

Last reply
  • Groin pain post-EP study

Hi everyone. Last Wednesday (it is currently Monday the 25th) I underwent an EP study for possible SVT. I say it this way because I ended up not having SVT at all and have a healthy heart with no abnormalities! I am only 23 and thought I had an episode in July (went to the ER, got adenosine, etc etc)...

Last reply
  • Is it too early for an ablation?

Hey guys, I am a 16-year-old male, and in the last year and a half, I have experience 3 short (3-4 minute) episodes of SVT. These are the only 3 episodes I've had in my life. After my 2nd episode, I saw a cardiologist. They told me to wear a heart monitor for 30 days, and luckily, I caught...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.