Skip to content

Supraventricular Tachycardia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Verapamil

Had to stop bisoprolol because the dose needed to stop the episodes was putting bp and pulse too low. Changed to 80mg of verapamil 3 times a day. Only been on it less than a week. My ectopics are same and still getting a bit of sinus tachy daily but not had another 6 hr attack of alternating sinus tachy...

Last reply
  • Cardiologist who blows you off

About a month ago I had a sever attack of SVT. Wasn’t diagnosed yet. Went to the ER, thinking I was having a heart attack, luckily I did not have one after four hours, in the ER and being monitor.  The ER, doctor told me, to follow up with a cardiologist. I called the guy I saw 6 years, ago when...

Last reply
  • Skipped beats/Palpitations after ablation

Hi everyone I had my ablation on the 20th April and had 2 weeks off work. For those first two weeks I had no skipped beats or anything. I went back to work last Monday and since then I have got them constantly even when I am relaxing and not exerting myself. I rang my doctor and am now taking...

Last reply
  • SVT during tennis

I have bouts of SVT that occur when I play tennis (not every time though). Had one last July that lasted about 5 mins and didn’t need treatment. This put me off playing but now started playing again, first session last week was fine, played on Monday and triggered one. Luckily one of the people who plays...

Last reply
  • Useful technique for SVT attacks

Hi, just had an SVT attack and thought I would share with you all the technique that just worked for me, and it's worked twice before as well. Basically you just lay on your right hand side, curl up into a bit of ball (ie knees tucked up and head forwards, fetal position) and then just completely...

Last reply
  • Anxiety/Paranoia after SVT episode...

It has been 2 weeks since I suffered my very first instance of what has been diagnosed to me as SVT... As a seemingly healthy 25-year old male, who does not smoke, drink, do drugs, drink energy drinks, etc., I still cannot decipher what exactly set my heart off to 200bpm in the first place, resulting...

Last reply
  • When should you get a SVT Ablation?

Hi All, I am hoping to get some reassurance and advice here if possible. I am 23 years old and booked in to have a catheter ablation at the BMI London Independent Hospital to cure my SVT in 2 weeks time.  I am feeling extremely anxious about the operation and worrying that I am going to feel...

Last reply
  • Heart rate after Ablation Question

Hi, I am 13 days out now. for the first week my resting rate was about 8 to 10 beats higher than what I was and then the last 5 or 6 days it is slower by 4 or 5 beats per minute. I am still on 50mg Toprol while recovering. I was on the Toprol 50mg and my resting rate was pretty low at about 52. Now I...

Posted
  • After Ablation how you feel Questions and comments

My ablation was Friday and it is Monday, I was able to walk slowly on a flat treadmill and groin is a little sore but no bruising or swelling. My heart rate and blood pressure seem pretty similar to before the ablation. The only thing I notice different is I get tired pretty easy. If I do something like...

Last reply
  • Ablation On Friday - SCARED!

I'm scheduled for my ablation on Friday morning and I'm honestly terrified!  I'm scared that my heart won't "cooperate", as this has been an issue for me my entire life.  I'll have symptoms of "something", go in and NOTHING shows up.  "Everything...

Last reply
  • Advice for up-coming 4th ablation

Some background information, I am female, 53 years old reasonably healthy except for the SVT.  I had my first ablation in January 2016 after probably 15 years of symptoms. When I originally had these 'episodes', as I used to call them, they would last 4-8 hours with a rapid heartbeat with...

Last reply
  • Anyone have 100% success with Ablation?

Hi, My name is Danielle, I just joined the forums for some support. I am 31 years old and had my first catheter ablation about 6 weeks ago for ventricular tachycardia. I've been reading a lot of different stories online about those who have had ablation and I have yet to read at least one story...

Last reply
  • My update

It's been 2 and 1/2 months since my 1 and only SVT episode and having my pacemaker put in to keep them from happening again and I have to say I feel great. That was the best medical decision I've made. I'm also glad I've joined this group. It's nice to read others stories. Thanks...

Last reply
  • Anyone have short SVT episopes after ablation

I had ablation last Friday so about 5 days and I was resting and had a short about 20 second burst of SVT. If is wasn't SVT it sure felt exactly the same. I felt my pulse and had the same sensations. Is this normal or should I start to worry she didn't get it. Also has anyone actually gotten...

Last reply
  • SVT Events. Morning is the Worst. Lots of PACs as well.

Been having SVT events the past six weeks or so, mostly in the morning but not always. Events verified by Kardia Mobile. Sometimes HR goes up  to 160-190, sometimes it just rises to 120 with little exertion walking around. Events usually resolve on their own within 10-15 minutes. I also have recorded...

Last reply
  • SVT Cardiac ablation

My daughter was advised by doctors to have a cardiac ablation. I would like to know if there's anyone who has done one a long time ago and has never had another SVT episode or take any medicine, in other word, someone who has been cured after this medical procedure. Thanks.  

Last reply
  • nausea and vomiting with SVT

Hi I had my 1st episode 2 weeks ago.. I awoke from sleep with a jolt and heart rate was 180+ This then caused me to vomit and have diarrhoea. I felt nauseous for several hours afterwards. I called 999 but by the time the ambulance came my heart rate was 120bpm.I had tests done in hospital ..ecg bloods...

Last reply
  • Just got back from my ablation

Not going to lie it was rough. Main reason is what we talked about yesterday. Took Xanax on way to hospital and then they gave me a little propoffol and Verced. She wasn't giving up so triggered and injected me for 3 hours, I final heard her say lets ablate and next thing I knew I was out and waking...

Last reply
  • Post Ablation Wound car Question

HI, Are you supposed to take off the bandage the next day and just let it be in the air. they put on a clear bandage and you can see that there is still a tiny amount of leakage. Any advice would be helpful the instructions they gave me were kind of vague.

Last reply
  • Quitting my Job because of SVT :( Anyone else done this?

Anyone had to quit/change their job because of SVT? Title says it all, really. I'm a 20 y/o female, fairly healthy. Been at university for a while. Found myself a nice job this summer, working with kids in a camp. It pays very well. It's my dream job, at this point in my life. The only problem...

Last reply
  • Does anyone have SVT and VT?

I've had SVT for a long time and manage it fine along with all the ectopics, palpitations and PVCs and short runs which I ignore.  Yesterday I had a brief episode where I felt some irregular hard pounding in my chest followed by rising warmth (similar to having adenosine) and when it hit my...

Last reply
  • Nasal Spray Treats Supraventricular Tachycardia! - Updates?

https://www.dicardiology.com/article/first-nasal-spray-successfully-treats-supraventricular-tachycardia http://www.milestonepharma.com/news/news-item/milestone-pharmaceuticals-announces-etripamil-phase-2-clinical-program-success-treatment-paroxysmal-supraventricular-tachycardia/ Thoughts on this development?...

Last reply
  • New to the group

Hi folks. So, well, basically I've had heart palps for years now. And it was just something I had. Nothing major and I just went with the flow, so to speak. But......last November....it was a biggie. I thought I was on my way to a heart attack. Pounding chest, chest pain, felt ill, was awful. Other...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol

I've just been prescribed 2.5mg of Bisoprolol to help with my SVT and I petrified of taking it. Does anyone else take it and does it help? Thanks

Last reply
  • SVT and ectopic heartbeats.

Hi i have had SVT for about 5 years, i have episodes usually every few months and sometimes a few times a day but only last a few seconds normally but i have had episodes where i have had to go to A and E because it didn't stop. Usually when im not having an episode of SVT i get skipped heartbeats...

Last reply
  • Fitbit?

With my last 'attack', I was told by a doc in the ER that I should get a fitbit or something similar, that monitors my heart rate continuously. What would be more helpful is finding something  that can take an ecg wave, but I'm finding that to be nearly impossible in just a fitness style...

Last reply
  • Sleeping through SVT?

I've read about people being woken from sleep while having an SVT episode. But has anyone here entirely slept through an SVT episode? I woke up this morning and looked at my fitbit app (I do step-challenges with friends) and noticed that the app said I'd already had a significant amount...

Last reply
  • Living With SVT

Does anyone else worry about their SVT or do you just accept it as a harmless nuisance.  I can't stop worrying about getting another attack, how do you accept it and live a normal life again?

Last reply
  • Ranting/complaining thread! Sick and tired of SVT??? Come here!

Hey all, Though we should try to maintain a positive atmosphere on this forum, I thought it would be equally beneficial to have a thread to rant and complain, when the going gets tough. At the end of the day we are all going through the same thing here. Of course we have to stay positive about...

Last reply
  • Had one failed ablation now back to a few nore episodes

Hello - just a bit of advice. My svt has been gradually getting worse in the sense I have more episodes but I am good at managing them. I had one alilaion attempt but it was too close to the AV node to complete. They have suggested the freeze version of it. As I've been managing my episodes without...

Last reply
  • Awkward feeling

I'm a recent pacemaker recipient a lil over a month now due to an SVT episode. Been feeling ok so far except for today. Sweating and just feeling pinches and needle like feeling all of a sudden. My scar itches a whole lot but is tender. Is there anyone out there who has experienced this? Also does...

Last reply
  • Trouble coping with svt

I keep having svt episodes when I’m not wearing my heart monitor and it’s beginning to frustrate me because I really need my cardiologist to see these episodes, I’ve started wearing it 24/7 and it’s like everytime I wear it I don’t have an episode!! I’m not sure what to do.. I just want it to be treated...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.