Skip to content

Supraventricular Tachycardia

All discussions in this group

Next
  • post SVT surgery 2 yrs later

Im an 18 yr female and I have had  SVT surgery. that was 2 yrs ago. the procedure worked for about 3 wks and after that it just stopped working. i have latly have had some heart problems where my heart will race fr no appaent reason. it sucks!! i was put on a heart monitor for 24 hours and i got...

Last reply
  • Using metropolol intermittently

I am mostly in good rhythm now with good BP reading and feel well but occasionally my heart starts racing so I take 25 mg or a bit more of metropolol rather than take it all the time as prescribed (25 mg twice a day) Does anyone see a problem with this approach? it works well and slows the rate down....

Last reply
  • Some doctors say anxiety, some say SVT...what is it?

Hello, I am a 24 year old male, average build, average fitness (I play some rec sports and can do physical labour). In 2011 I had my first 'attack' - I was getting ready to go a concert and having some drinks with some friends. Then I felt a lump in my throat and my heart started to race (180-200bpm),...

Last reply
  • Feel as though I have been misdiagnosed. Really think I have SVT

Hi everyone, I am a 21 year old female and I am absolutely anxiety ridden over the possibility of me having SVT. I'll give you some back story. When I first started drinking alcohol, wine specifically, I noticed my heart rate would jump to about 120 and this would last for at least 30 minutes. I...

Last reply
  • Wenckebach post-ablation

Hi! I'm 17 yo, and maybe some of you remember me, but I was diagnosed with SVT las November after eight years. I had an ablation in January and haven't had any episodes since. I did a holter monitor this week and cardio called saying that they found something called Wenckebach during my sleep...

Last reply
  • After two months...SVT is likely my answer!

About two months ago I started having "attacks." My heart would begin beating fast, I'd feel weak and very dizzy, like I would pass out any minute. Originally this would happen fairly rarely, maybe once every couple of weeks. In early March, I had a major attack out to lunch by myself....

Last reply
  • Low Potassium and tachycardia

Hi, im a active normally healthy 17 year old female. I eat well, at a good weight, have no eating disorders etc. On the 9th of december last year, i started having chest pain and tachycardia. I was admitted to hospital and was told i have a potassium level of 2.7, my heart was going at 170bpm and had...

Last reply
  • My Heart has Palpitations and I have the Urge to Cough

Hi, my name is Benedict. I'm a 12 year old male. I've had these heart skips, double-beats, and flutter in my chest since my SVT procedure. Well, I had these heart skips and stuff before the procedure, but still, it wasn't as bad as it is now. I sometimes have chest pains, right in my heart...

Last reply
  • Nervous about SVT

I'm a 50 year old woman who experienced on March 30th what I was told a SVT. My heart rate had reached 222 beats per minute by the time I got to the ER. I was admitted into ICU and over the course of a 9 day stay o had first an ablation Done to see if it would correct my issue. During the ablation...

Last reply
  • My SVT story.

Hi everyone. I am just here to share my story and please feel free to share your SVT stories in the comments! Anyways, I have had Supraventricular Tachycardia since I was about 10 years old. I remember the first time I had my first episode and I just thought it was my adrenaline and nothing too big,...

Last reply
  • Return of SVT?!

Hi everyone!  I had a successful ablation a year ago and have had no problems since.. until today. I was in a situation where my adrenaline was sky high - basically I was driving and someone braked in front of me and I nearly crashed. In a split second it felt like SVT was back and as we all know...

Last reply
  • Awful paplitations after blation

22 year old male. I had an ablation almost 3 weeks ago for AVNRT. I have a ton of palpitations and short runs (1-3 sec) of svt ALL DAY long... especially when sitting still. Before the ablation I only got svt during exercise, maybe once a month or less.  My doctor said they had to burn a lot in...

Last reply
  • Svt burn ablation caused bradycardia now i have pacemaker

in jan 2006 i was diagnosed with SVT after fainting episodes and feeling like the blood was draining from my head they did more tests to find out why this was happening and SVT was the cause. i was told there was a 29 month waiting list so my ex booked me in with Bupa ( works health insurance), and i...

Last reply
  • Ischemic palpitations

I just had my second ablation where they found new onset AFIB, atrial flutter, and ischemic palpitations. Has Anyone heard of ischemic palpitations what the heck is that? 

Last reply
  • Flying with SVT, any advice to prevent an attack???

Hi, all. I know a few other posts have been made on the subject of travelling with SVT. But as I have an upcoming flight (2.5 hrs), I would love to hear not only your experiences of flying with SVT, but also the best ways to possibly prevent an attack whilst up there at 33,000 ft. Of course we all...

Last reply
  • Inappropriate sinus tachycardia questions

So I was diagnosed with ist in 2015 Most of my symptoms are controlled with meds until I eat then I get uncomfortable does anybody else experience this? Also the doctor who diagnosed me said it usually goes away after about 5 years has anyone else heard this?

Last reply
  • PSVT/SVT Diagnosis - How do they really know?

Hello.  I'm new to the group, so glad to have found this support group.  I recently had my first "ER" PSVT experience 2 weeks ago.  Prior to that, I'd never heard of PSVT.  however I do have genetic heart disease in my family (great grandfather, grandfather died...

Last reply
  • nausea and vomiting with SVT

Hi I had my 1st episode 2 weeks ago.. I awoke from sleep with a jolt and heart rate was 180+ This then caused me to vomit and have diarrhoea. I felt nauseous for several hours afterwards. I called 999 but by the time the ambulance came my heart rate was 120bpm.I had tests done in hospital ..ecg bloods...

Last reply
  • Being diagnosed with SVT

Heya, just posting on here looking for some advice. I'm a 28 year old women and about 2 months ago I had heart palpitations of 240bmp  for 1 hour and 30 mins before i was admitted to A&E. I had been ill on and off since September and that same day after visiting the GP I was told I had  bronchitis...

Last reply
  • PVST and malabsorption

Anyone else with PSVT has issues with their electrolytes and blood sugar? I do feel as though this is what is triggering my SVT, but I don’t know what is causing it. I’ve had it for 6 years now with no answers.

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with svt two months back

Hello, I am nineteen years old. I am diagnosed with SVT a month back. This happened when I ran more than my capacity. It was 5 O clock in the morning, I ran three rounds of 400 m. each. But soon it came to my mind that I had run more than the day before. So, I started to run again. But I was not able...

Last reply
  • SVT newbie - Venting and Questions

Hello e1, My story is this. Years ago I complained about pains in the abdomen that started with what I recall as eating some spoiled food in a restaurant. Long fight with the doctors led me to discard it as IBS as they insisted that this is the case. Since then I am with constant pain under the left...

Last reply
  • PAC and PVC’s after ablation

3 weeks after cardiac ablation my life is hell. My days consist of PVC’s and PAC’s allllllll day long they make me feel horrible and I have small runs of SVT. I have the SVT PVC and PAC on an ekg I follow up with my cardiologist tomorrow. But has anyone had this after an ablation ?!? It’s all day long!...

Last reply
  • Tachycardic hbp

been feeling poorly for a while and the doctors are goin very slow in my treatmencause long waiting times for appointment feeling awful dizzy headache visual disturbances exhaustion like Iv never felt . I have hbp and my heart rate never drop under 110 goes up to 150 when I’m bad my bp is 153/101...

Last reply
  • Palpitations after ablation

Hi I made an ablation on 23/1/2018 At the first two weeks I had some skipping beats but after a few days they were gone. After that for one month I was felling perfect No skipping beats no fear I was in the seventh sky🙂 But now I have four days that the palpitations came back I feel them not...

Last reply
  • Skipped beats/Palpitations after ablation

Hi everyone I had my ablation on the 20th April and had 2 weeks off work. For those first two weeks I had no skipped beats or anything. I went back to work last Monday and since then I have got them constantly even when I am relaxing and not exerting myself. I rang my doctor and am now taking...

Last reply
  • Living With SVT

Does anyone else worry about their SVT or do you just accept it as a harmless nuisance.  I can't stop worrying about getting another attack, how do you accept it and live a normal life again?

Last reply
  • Svt caused by air changes

I've had svt for many years and it used to be caused by postural changes like bending down and reaching up turning over in bed. I've found that over the last few years my svt has increased in frequency and now it is more likely to start after walking in drafty areas or under the air conditioning...

Last reply
  • Useful technique for SVT attacks

Hi, just had an SVT attack and thought I would share with you all the technique that just worked for me, and it's worked twice before as well. Basically you just lay on your right hand side, curl up into a bit of ball (ie knees tucked up and head forwards, fetal position) and then just completely...

Last reply
  • This is for my kids.

Hi I have 3 kids 1 has been diagnosed with svt and 1 has the symptoms my oldest dosent have this thankfully but the one they claim doesn't have it her heart will speed up when she is doing nothing or sleeping and Everytime I get her to the ER it stops they put her on a 24 hour heart monitor they...

Last reply
  • Leg Cramping, SVT and AF

History of AF and SVT episodes occuring regularly after years of minimal issues. Causing fainting, chest pain, strong racing HEart, tightening of chest, cramping in chest and I’m now having cramping in my legs the night before or a few hours before a big episode. Dizzy, lightheaded, sound muffled, shaking...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.