Skip to content
Ad

Supraventricular Tachycardia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • More SVT Help Please!

Hey Everyone Thanks for your replies to my previous post. You have all been so wonderful and helpful and made me feel as though it's not all in my head <3 Just an update to my previous post, I had an episode on while bending over in the shower and walked (or struggled) across the road to a newly...

Last reply
  • Groin pain post-EP study

Hi everyone. Last Wednesday (it is currently Monday the 25th) I underwent an EP study for possible SVT. I say it this way because I ended up not having SVT at all and have a healthy heart with no abnormalities! I am only 23 and thought I had an episode in July (went to the ER, got adenosine, etc etc)...

Last reply
  • SVT Help

Hey everyone.  Just looking for a bit of guidance or advice from anyone who has been through something similar.  When I was a teenager (maybe 14-15 although I do remember a handful of times it happened when I was younger) I started getting regular episodes where I would feel my heart "flop"...

Last reply
  • Is it too early for an ablation?

Hey guys, I am a 16-year-old male, and in the last year and a half, I have experience 3 short (3-4 minute) episodes of SVT. These are the only 3 episodes I've had in my life. After my 2nd episode, I saw a cardiologist. They told me to wear a heart monitor for 30 days, and luckily, I caught...

Last reply
  • After SVT ablation

Has anyone experienced a pulse rate after ablation to where if you just walk across the room the heart rate his from 75to 110 inmediately? It does this all the time. I have asked 2 cardiologists about  this and they don't  know? They say maybe from de conditioning. I have been de conditioned...

Last reply
  • Looking for people with experience with SVT

My girlfriend was diagnosed with SVT a year ago. We live a moderately active life, and episodes began to affect her day to day (shortness of breath, palpitations, etc). She had an ablation performed last December. The surgery was anything but routine. We were told she would be under for a couple hours,...

Last reply
  • Is my Arrhythmia Life-Threatening or Benign?

When you attend your local ED or A&E department with a Rythm disturbance or "unusual heartbeat". There is no clear indicator on arrival for it being life threatening or benign until clinical studies are complete. For example, an ECG or Echocardiogram may be needed to show your heart function...

Posted
  • SVT longterm dangerous?

Hey everyone, I'm a 26 yr old male and have had an Electrocardiogram in March ( Almost 6 months ago ) because of rapid heartbeat, and the results said \&quot;Sinus Tachycardia\&quot; and the doctor said it was SVT's. It lasts for hours and hours, often from 110-140 or 150 bpm. Thing...

Last reply
  • SVT and Travelling

Hi all,  I've had diagnosed SVT since I was 15, so about 14 years now. I'm travelling in December for my wedding, and we'll be spending two weeks in the Dominican Republic. For years my biggest fear has been having an episode of SVT while travelling as my episodes usually require a...

Last reply
  • Low Potassium and tachycardia

Hi, im a active normally healthy 17 year old female. I eat well, at a good weight, have no eating disorders etc. On the 9th of december last year, i started having chest pain and tachycardia. I was admitted to hospital and was told i have a potassium level of 2.7, my heart was going at 170bpm and had...

Last reply
  • Useful technique for SVT attacks

Hi, just had an SVT attack and thought I would share with you all the technique that just worked for me, and it's worked twice before as well. Basically you just lay on your right hand side, curl up into a bit of ball (ie knees tucked up and head forwards, fetal position) and then just completely...

Last reply
  • Just got my abalation done and I feel so much better!

I just wanted to share my experiences about SVT. I have dealt with SVT for a few years now. I didn't know what it was at first when I first experienced the fast heart beat, so I didn't think anything of it. I would just try to rest or if it was cold outside during the time I would be experiencing...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like SVT?

So I have anxiety, and two doctors told me that anxiety can increase your heart rate to high numbers. For two days, my heart quickly went up to 176 and the other 184. I was on my laptop and was anxious before they both started. They were a gradual increase to about 150, then I stood to walk and when...

Last reply
  • Catheter ablation post-op

I'm super new this site and in need of some advice. I'm 19 and had my catheter ablation for svt done in January this year. After doing some research prior to the procedure I felt completely okay with going ahead with it as people were saying they were comfortably sedated, only felt a little discomfort...

Last reply
  • Could It Be SVT or Sinus Tach? Please Help!

Hey guys, I want to apologize in advanced for the lengthy post, but I really need some help.   I've been having a really hard time these past two days. Since my panic attack back in may, I've been having panic attacks that often always had a trigger. I usually feel anxious right before...

Last reply
  • SVT and chest pain

I am 40 year old male and recently diagnosed with SVT. During my appointment with my cardioligist I explained to him some chest pains I have had but he didn't offer anything on them. I have had 2 episodes of SVT where my heart rate shot up to 230+ bpm but from time to time I experience severe pain...

Last reply
  • 21 with SVT

I'm trying to PREVENT episodes and take care of my body as much as possible, any suggestions? 

Last reply
  • Atrial Tachycardia

Does anyone get plain atrial tachycardia?  I've had A-fib, which is different and doesn't cause an increased pulse.  I had one previous episode of atrial tachycardia that lasted about 24 hours.  I was able to stop it with meditation.  I'm in another episode, now, for about...

Last reply
  • Svt caused by air changes

I've had svt for many years and it used to be caused by postural changes like bending down and reaching up turning over in bed. I've found that over the last few years my svt has increased in frequency and now it is more likely to start after walking in drafty areas or under the air conditioning...

Last reply
  • SVT - alcohol a trigger?!

Hi everyone As we all know alcohol is a trigger but I'm just wondering if any of you still drink and how much you drink before an attack may occur? I haven't touched a drop of alcohol in 5 months because I am so scared of having an episode. I am only 21 and I do not want it to control my life....

Last reply
  • Adenosine

For the first time in a long time I required a second dose of Adenosine to convert my SVT.  Usually 6mg will do it but this was a stubborn one.  The Dr decided to go straight to 12mg for the next dose, telling me it wouldn't feel any worse.  It really did feel much worse I think!!...

Last reply
  • Svt and exercise - is it safe?

Hi - I've had a few attacks of svt that have sent me to hospital over the last few years..I think I've probably had a few shorter episdoes that I've naturally jumped out of it. Anyway - I was wondering if exercise is an issue with svt - I don't mean during an attack of it (I can hardly...

Last reply
  • Think I have SVT??

So let me start off by saying that I have SEVERE anxiety especially about health related stuff. I definitely suffer from a fear of doctors and hypochondria.   A few weeks ago I had a headache for a week straight and nothing would touch it so I finally went to urgent care to try and get a prescription.....

Last reply
  • SVT and taking quetiapine

Does anyone know if quetiapine can cause svt. I'm worried that the 100mg daily I've taken of the drug could.potentially have caused my.svt. does anyone know anything about this..I've searched online but can't really find too much accept if you take quetiapine and some anti arythmia it...

Last reply
  • Beta-blockers prescribed to take (only when having an svt episode)

Hi, I've been to see a cardiologist for the first time after recently being diagnosed with svt (after a couple of stints in A & E with a heart beart of 200bpm). He has prescribed me beta-blockers to take only if I have a svt episode, to stop it before going to A & E. If other methods don't...

Last reply
  • Old guy with new SVT diagnosis

I am very active at 85 in golf and walking and some bicycling.  In June during last part of golf I got light headed, and faint and very fatiqued. This happened a few times also walking long distances like over mile. I have pacemaker for low heart rate some 3 years ago. So yesterday the cardio did...

Last reply
  • Feeling dreadful....advice please ?

Hi all, this is my first post. Long story short. I'm 60 and have had a benign ectopic beat for about 20 years. Last Sept I was taken very unwell at work, i thought i had just got overheated and a bit dehydrated have never felt so ill. Paramedic got a HR reading of 207 he said SVT from the ECG.  All...

Last reply
  • Tingling hands/feet during SVT Episode?

Hi all,  22F, svt for 3 years. Maybe 5 instances within them. My longest instance was 40 minutes at 240bpm and paramedics brought me out of it.  However, what scared me about it was that my hands and feet started going to sleep while I was having my attack. None of the exercises worked to...

Last reply
  • SVT struggle.

So I've been dealing with SVT since around Jan 2015 but it is since gotten worse which finally prompted me to be "officially" diagnosed May 2017 with SVT and it has been a struggle. I was unable to take my beta blocker because it dropped my heart rate low ( around the 50s). I've never...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with SVT.

Okay so I've been dealing with a high heart rate (130 resting)  for over a little 2 years now, it started in Jan 2015 and has gotten much worse over time like my heart rate hardly ever goes down to the 90s. No doctor could figure out what it was because I wasn't having symptoms other than...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.