Skip to content
Ad

Supraventricular Tachycardia

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Ablation

Well Tuesday I went for my second EP study. The first one was done June 2016 that was unsuccessful.Doctor thought it was because I was taking  Klonopin.  So I spent 10 months coning off it  and also trazodone.  Worst 10 months of my life!!!! So he would do second ablation once I was...

Last reply
  • Doctors think I have SVT

Hey I'm 20 years old and have struggled with strange heart rythems. At first it would only happen with sports like football and basketball. It would start with quick cuts on the court or landing hard. My heart would feel off. It beats fast and it feels wonky. Like the top of my heart beats differently...

Last reply
  • Skipped beats/Palpitations after ablation

Hi everyone I had my ablation on the 20th April and had 2 weeks off work. For those first two weeks I had no skipped beats or anything. I went back to work last Monday and since then I have got them constantly even when I am relaxing and not exerting myself. I rang my doctor and am now taking...

Last reply
  • Bad palpitations after successful ablation for SVT

Hi all, Just a bit of background on my situation.. i am 32 years old and have suffered with SVT since i was 10-11 years old.. Growing up i would get a few episodes a year that would last hours (i wasn't as good at converting back then) but weren't overly troubling. I never worried about them...

Posted
  • Living With SVT

Does anyone else worry about their SVT or do you just accept it as a harmless nuisance.  I can't stop worrying about getting another attack, how do you accept it and live a normal life again?

Last reply
  • Useful technique for SVT attacks

Hi, just had an SVT attack and thought I would share with you all the technique that just worked for me, and it's worked twice before as well. Basically you just lay on your right hand side, curl up into a bit of ball (ie knees tucked up and head forwards, fetal position) and then just completely...

Last reply
  • Anyone else have problems with svt triggered by walking?

Occasionally I find that my heart gets into a state where any major movement seems to trigger tachycardia. I'll be standing still and it's fine. But then I take 2 steps and it takes off. Then I stop and after a few seconds it's back to normal. Take a few more steps and it takes off again....

Last reply
  • Post Svt ablation

Hey all Had my ablation done on Wednesday afternoon, was around two hours.. no drugs other than the sedative for the catheters. Went home same night. I was wondering how everyone felt afterwards? I have managed to get a few stories from here and there, but can't find a specific post svt ablation...

Last reply
  • Post Ablation Feels?

Hey everyone! So I had my ablation done on Wednesday which went absolutely perfectly. Turned out it was AVNRT and he was able to get it started super easy hence why I’ve been having a lot of episodes while doing nothing at all😂 I was unconscious the whole time and the team were great. ...

Last reply
  • Medication query

I've recently been diagnosed with SVT and was given betablockers ( Bisoprolol) to take regularly. However I found the side effects so bad that my doctor suggested I just take them when I felt an episode starting. This happened yesterday but they made me feel worse than the SVT itself. My doctor had...

Last reply
  • Bisoprolol

I've just been prescribed 2.5mg of Bisoprolol to help with my SVT and I petrified of taking it. Does anyone else take it and does it help? Thanks

Last reply
  • Svt, anxiety and ringing in my ears

Hi, a few months ago I was diagnosed with svt and it seems to change my life completely. It’s given me such anxiety to go out anywhere yet to drive. I decided that I didn’t want to go on the medication and to do the ablation but when I was under it was unsuccessful to make my arrhythmias come out. I’ve...

Last reply
  • The only one

Glad I found this group. I feel like I am the only one with this heart condition.  What advice can you give when you have an episode and other people panic?

Last reply
  • My SVT procedure seems to have worked :)

I had my procedure done on 6/11/17 after having suffered with this since 2011. However, it did progressively become worse over these past 12 months. I was aware during the procedure and didn't feel too uncomfortable at all. The worse part was having to be still during it. It took around 3 hours and...

Last reply
  • Managing SVT Without Surgery or Medicine

I've had SVT for 50 years and have found ways to manage this problem without Medicine or Surgery. The Human Body is a machine that requires "Balance" and if that balance is compromised more attacks will occur. Would be glad to share my experiences, which I have tested time and time again,...

Last reply
  • Started with a little shock

I had my SVT day before yesterday after exercise session , lasted for 30 seconds.  However when it started i felt like a small current passed from brain to heart. Does everyone feel the same ?   I have SVT symptoms since 2 years but havent been doagnosed because by the time i reach AnE , everything...

Last reply
  • Second AVNRT Ablation. Please help.

Hello Everyone. I have been a long time lurker for awhile, however I have hit a wall and desperately need the advice of those who have been through this. I am a 32 year old female. No heart disease. Perfectly healthy. A little background--My SVT started in my adolescence with episodes of racing heart...

Last reply
  • Hi I have svt had my heart skipping beats last night

Hi woke up this morning at 5 30 with feeling of heart stopping then normal then stopping like it was nearly going in to a svt is this normal I really panicked i suffer from anxiety really bad haven’t had svt for good few months. Have been sleeping bad and going bed late would that cause cheers . 

Last reply
  • possible svt?

Ive posted on here recently and had some brilliant advice from others unfortunately I have found myself in a pickle again I recently had a episode of what think may have been a svt, but not 100% sure. It all started when I started to take bisoprolol , I was prescribed 1.25 which is a low dose but...

Last reply
  • Svt or something else?

Since i was about 12 i have noticed episodes of SVT. I visited the GP 2 years ago and was referred for a holter monitor which caught my heart jumping to 185 during very light exercise. I'm 21 and otherwise very healthy. These episodes happen every few months on average, some last a minute although...

Last reply
  • Words of Wisdom?

Hey guys! Thank you so much for all your help so far. My ablation is fast approaching and while I'm excited there's still this bit of me that is freaking out and wondering if I should cancel. I can deal with the episodes themselves as they don't freak me out and I don't get anxious about...

Last reply
  • My ablation is done :)

I had my ablation a week ago today. All went fine, the procedure took around 2 1/2 hours. I was aware of what was happening and able to watch it on the screen next to me. The only time I felt a little uncomfortable was when the ablation was taking place, although it really wasn't a big deal. The...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with SVT

Hi, I'm a 35 year old female who was just diagnosed with SVT after a 48 hour holter monitor caught 5 short psvt episodes highest being 172 bpm. On top of this I had 15 percent of my "normal" rhythm between 100 and 160 bpm. I was at rest pretty much the entire 48 hours as I struggle with...

Last reply
  • The ablation is done!

Well, my ablation was yesterday. As you guys know, I posted here a lot asking for advice, specifically for with or without general anesthesia, and I decided to do it with general anesthesia, and here's why: I obviously knew I would have to stay still, he told me that ahead of time, but yesterday...

Last reply
  • Things That Have Provided Relief For My PSVT

I just wanted to share with you guys what has helped me with my PSVT.  I used to get it so bad that I couldn't climb a flight of stairs without having my heart race and get out of rhythm.   It took me a long time to figure it out, but these are the things that helped me tremendously. 1....

Last reply
  • What's next?

Hi everyone, I'm a 17 yo who's been having episodes of SVT since I was 9. I usually have episodes around once or twice a month, each one lasting ~30 min. The shortest was maybe 5 min, longest was 3 hrs, and they have never responded to vagal maneuvers. I saw a doctor for it the first time it...

Last reply
  • Did anyone get relief from taking magnesium?

Hi all, I have AVNRT and am awaiting a second ablation. But in the last few months I get a lot of flutters.  These seem to be after I eat and then I get a lot of gas and burping.  My heart does that lull thing. Just feels like a flutter. I think it is aggitated from the gas ect. Just wondered...

Last reply
  • E.R. visit Saturday and heart had to be stopped!

Hello forum users, I am a 30 year healthy female. I work out 3-6 times a week with cardio and weights, eat mostly healthy/balanced, no smoking, no drugs, drinking just with social occasion, and have never had any heart issues in the past. My normal resting rate is 55-60. Saturday, I was causally walking...

Last reply
  • Ablation is 2 weeks out.. any advice?

Well, my ablation is scheduled for 2 weeks from yesterday. So far, here is what I am requesting:  - I am declining versed ("happy juice" before the anesthesia. I don't need something to calm me down, just get straight to the sedation  - I am instructing my doctor to not do the...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.