Had my ablation today!

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had my ablation for SVT today, and it was so easy! I was worried sick fir nothing. I didn't sense or feel a thing under the anesthesia, and my doctor was able to trigger an SVT episode and fix it. The procedure took about 2 hours, and i was in the hospital for 10. I'm not feeling any pain at all, and I'm cleared to drive again in 2 days. I had the AVNRT type of SVT.

I just want to tell you that if you've been recommended an ablation and are scared, don't be! I'm happy to answer any questions about it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Glad that you're doing well! Out of curiosity...how long after you were diagnosed with SVT did you get the ablation? Did you know what type of SVT you had BEFORE the ablation, or did you only find out during the EP study?

• Posted

Thank you! I was formally diagnosed with SVT 2 years ago. My cardiologist recommended an ablation then, but i was so scared that i tried medication, no caffeine, no alcohol first. Nothing worked and I went to the ER 10 times in 2 years with a heart rate of over 200. I finally realized that ablation was my only shot of fixing the problem.

I didn't know that i had AVNRT until today!

• Posted

Congratulations!!!

It seems that the highest success is with AVNRT

Sadly, I have AT. The success rate is much lower

• Posted

Just to update, three months down the line, everything is going great! Ive had no more episodes of SVT. Sometimes, my heart will flutter for a few seconds, but it stops right away. I'm so glad I had the ablation and that i have my life back!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.