Fluctuating Heartbeat with SVT episode

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello! I was diagnosed with SVT when I was about 16-17 and am now 19. Today I think I had an episode of SVT because when i woke up I felt my heart beating fast (my svt only occurs when it wakes me up from sleep) and I sat up which is when the fast heart rate began, I'm tracking this on a pulse oximeter btw normally when I try to bring down my heart rate it rarely works so sometimes i just let it race and it eventually stops but this time it was trying to race but it was also trying to go down as if it was stuck in some sort of loop of my heart beating fast and then my heart trying to get it to go down on its own. It's stopped now but I thought that was weird and freaked me out and caused me anxiety during an episode which I normally try my best to not have during one. Does anyone experience a fluctuating heart rate with their svt?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.