A lot of skipped beats during svt?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello svt sufferers. i have been diagnosed only a month ago, during my second attack. i was horribly bloated bad indigestion, i felt a skipped beat, then pressure under my ribs and a weird feeling in chest, soon more of the skipped beats followed, heart rate shot up to 160, i was scared to move as any movement was accompanied with more skipped beats. was burping terribly, like never in my life, felt that i need to vomit but was afraid i would pass out so i tried not to, scared to death. paramedics were called. by the time they arrived, it settled down. was hooked up to heart machine, ecg was normal at the time. but then i moved and it started again, pulse shot up to 170 and ecg shoved svt, type avrnt. but this time no skipped beats. saw an ep a few weeks later, reffered me for ablation, however i am not sure i am ready for this. i am a little scared that the first episode before the paramedics arrived was some other arrhytmia as it felt different with that amount of skipped beats. Anyone else experiencing skipped beats with avnrt?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

YES

i have just been diagnosed last month with svt. i had several skipped beats before diagnoses after in the hospital and now since ive been on heart medication . Unfortunately no perm relief from them even on meds. hoping to see if ablation is possible for me when i see cardiologist soon. Doctors in E.R seem to think that is the best route for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.