Are these symptoms what I should expect?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been lurking as I'm not yet diagnosed and as of last night have my first 48hr holter on. i had been worried it might not catch one of my turns but had a biggie last night so at least I have a chance now to find out if what my symptoms are indicate what my GP thinks might be SVT.

My episodes vary in severity but a bad one, like last night, always consists of a flush of jaw tingles, rapid beat and then heaving/vomiting and a surge headache followed by varying levels of weakness. I've had to call in sick today though as the aching pain/muscle pain in my upper body muscles/shoulders/arms is off the chart uncomfortable - developed overnight post episode. As you might expect I've been googling a good while and whilst there's lots of reference to fatigue, nothing like this - it's a new development for me, this level of ache after one - does this sound familiar to anyone?

thanks for reading - it's such a horrible feeling when it happens but the aftermath and impact on my work life when I have a big one is almost worse as so unpredictable.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I do occasionally experience jaw pain during an episode, but have not experienced any of the other symptoms that you described.

• Edited

hey purplegirl, ive been diagnosed with SVT and also sometimes get the jaw tingles with it as well, sometimes upper left back pain after an episode too but not the other things you described. i find the best thing to do with svt is sit there and focus on your breathing rather than letting yourself get anxiety because that will make it worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.