SVT returning after Ablation?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi,

had a supposedly successful ablation a year ago. Everything great for six months no SVT at all but then noticed heart irregularities like it was about to go off but didn't and was told was normal.

in last week getting regular occurrences like this like above lasting about ten seconds which i assumed was the the same but managed to record the last few seconds on my watch and its definitely SVT!

i could live with this as it only lasts seconds but believe it maybe the operation/scarring breaking down and i'll have to have another ablation. i am no longer on meds so heart rate goes above 180 bpm

comments appreciated

thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

hi I suggest you go to your doctors and ask them for pill in the pocket "flecainide " and maybe a beta blocker .I to have had a so called"successful catheter ablation" i had my second ablation four years ago and still plagued with poroxsymal tachycardia and svts probably need a third ablation .But you do need some sort of medication to help you through the episode's of svts even if only for your peace of mind and maybe ask about a second ablation !! good luck.

• Posted

Trying to contact Dr as been advised to have another 7 day monitor but no luck so far

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.