Sweating ON ONE SIDE OF THE BODY

Posted , 2 users are following.

Why do I sweat on one half (side) of my body while lying on the other half?

It happens mostly in the evenings and when the situation ordinarily admits normal sweating.

The trouble is that I sweat on the other (side) half of the body while lying on the other half (side).

WHAT IS WRONG?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

That's a different one. My head sweats 'at the drop of a hat', well not literally because no hats are involved, and often when eating. If my oestrogen is working well, it is not so bad.

My husband has started sweating after he has a shower, when he should be feeling cooler. Maybe a coincidence, but it seemed to start after he had a dose of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) which caused him to sweat excessively while it was occurring.

If you google it you will find that BPPV is caused by a piece of 'plaque' moving around in the ear tubes (from memory) causing imbalance, and perhaps lying on one side makes it move to one side of the ear tubes and then to the other when you lie on the other side. Controlled rolling from side to side can cure the problem but you have to do it as per instructions. Only an idea - better than nothing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.