swelling after hydrocele surgery (please help me)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone.

I'm 24 years old and healthy, I had had hydrocele on left side for more than 8 years and the size of my testicle was quite big like a big orange, before 6 months I decided to have surgery in a special hospital, I had surgery and after surgery my scrotum was still big and after one month when I visited doctor for a check he said that it has came back again, you need too have an op. again, unfortunately I agreed and I have had my second op 4 months ago, after surgery the swelling of scrotum was decreased as comparing the past, but there are some lumpy thing at the back of my testicle, when I examine it I feel some grow veins inside, and my skin is tie to my testicle from where the incision made and with all This there is still swelling it is 2 or 3x of my normal one.. should I be worry about? Do I need to wait for more time? Please help me.

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had a similar experience had my first procedure done last August then another done in December as the dr said sone fluid returned. My testicle is still 2x its normal size(about the size of a golf ball) and feels really meaty, like you the backside of the testicle is lumpy veins sem enlarged. I think it MAY be the epididymis but im not sure I can actually make out an outline of it through my scrotum which I think is making the testicle look larger than it is as it encompasses the whole back side of the testicle. I wish I had an answer for you I know how stressful it can be I have an appointment with a new dr on the 18th as I lost faith in my old one. I will update you with what his finfings are hopefully it is easily find ixed becsuse I have been desling wiyh this for over a year now snd it has killed my self confidence.
    • Posted

Thank you I'm waiting for your reply
  • Posted

Ahmed57, I am not a Doctor, but I do believe there is something to be concerned about.  You did not say where you are from, and how the medical facilities are considered in quality near where you live. If it was me, I definitely would seek out another Doctor for an opinion.  My procedure took place 10 days ago today.The swelling in my groin area has all but disappeared.  The only tenderness that I feel is along the scar line of the operation.  ICE, ICE, ICE was my best friend.  My recovery progress is probably quicker than a lot of people.  I can't give a medical reason for that.  But I do believe your operation and recovery should be better than what is currently happening.  Good luck my Friend.  I recommend you visit another Surgeon if the swelling and pain doesn't start going away soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.