swelling feet..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Ladies hope you all are doing well. I have a couple of qyestions. For starters I am 47 I have not had a period in two mm months when that happens doees that cause crazy hormones I guess that's what I'm trying to say. Secondly I have read where Peri can cause water retention. Does that include legs, ankless, feet. I know I don't have a kidney or liver disfuction every six month when I have thyroid check my doc also does cmp panel blood work and this time he did a cardiovascular risk assessment blood work not sure what that reveals but anyway do any of you ladies deals with swollen ankles and feet and does one side swell bigger than the other.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna I'm post menopausal and do suffer with water retention and one of my feet swell up a lot bigger than the other I just put it down to hormonal change x
    • Posted

Thank you cazjaz I have the same problem. It is so annoying. My left swells a lot bigger than my right.
  • Posted

hi donna me too although it was a bout a year ago now,but im post meno and seems to have gone.Looks like your periods are going to be all over the place thats how mine started ,every 3 months then 5 then 7 then nothing.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Trudy. I'm glad the swelling is over for you.
  • Posted

Searching here for others that have swelling - I have swollen ankles and feet and yes worse on one side, the left.  It started two months ago.  Before that I had a period that was spotting for over a week and the GP took thyroid and FSH blood tests and told me it showed I was post menopausal! I was still having periods - anyway I missed a period and have since had the FSH tested as normal - I've had a period every 25 days for the last 3 months, but heavier and with the swelling of the feet, I'm not certain my legs aren't holding water as well.  I feel big!

When it first happened it freaked me out, not just a bit puffy, definately swollen, I went to the GP and he just said edema, I asked if it was period/hormone related and he said no (?)  For me, it must be, it happens just before and during a bleed, I think it's high estrogen in my case, I think my progesterone is running out.

I don't have any remedy to it - does anyone else?

• Posted

Hello Beetle I can totally relate. Except for me its my leg and ankle and its my left one. Its constant for me it only goes down when I lay down at nite. Mine is pitting edema. Its been happening now for over a year. I mentioned to my gp twice he said when my thyroid gets to normal range maybe it will stop swelling well according to my blood work its normal range and swelling hasn't stopped. Its so annoying and embarrassing because its very noticeable so with warm weather beginning I still wear my jeans so no one can see it. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.