swollen lymph nodes -FNA TEST

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello my name is saad i'm 23 years old . i had a swollen lymph nodes on my left neck for 6 months now

at the beginning it start to swell when i had a scalp bacterial infection midway through my antibiotics so my doctor thought it's was due to the bacteria and told me everything is normal but after that it stayed with me for six months !

i went to another doctor and he did a lot i mean a lot of testing from blood to chest scan . everything is normal but my neck ultrasound scan this one . image

After that my doctor recommended a FNA biopsy , in the sample collection the doctor didn't hit the node spot but i thought the needle is long maybe its the enter point ?? he inserted the needle just below my ear in the neck . this is the report from the collection image

i was relieved with the no malignancy was found part .

then the day after they changed it to trucut biopsy recommendation and removed the no malignancy part and when i called my doctor to ask him why , he said this one is more accurate if the node stays like this in a month come to me so we can do it ?????... i told him how will it change ? i had it for six month like this .

this is the same fna test but changed on 15th image

i'm confused and lost . i would love it if someone can help me .

am i being robbed here ? is there anything to be worried of ? is the fna sampling was wrong ?

also , Before the fna test my doctor gave me a augmentin 500mg for one week without any reason just for checking even though i requested more test like cultural and sensitive test but he said no need .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

They did the same thing to me, didn't listen to me when I gave them my story and threw as many drugs at me as possible. If you are able I would consider reaching out to a holistic network of doctors. They are not drug-heavy and they treat a smaller amount of patients so they'll be more able to focus on you.

These doctors honestly only care about running test after expensive test so they can make as much as they can off of each of their "patients." I'm so sorry you have to go through this because I believe that everyone deserves to be heard especially when they are vulnerable.

I hope this will help and God bless you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.