Symptoms of GERD, low stomach acid and low B12 and doctor thinks it's all due to anxiety.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have had extreme fatigue and brain fog for years with GERD symptoms for about 2 years (hoarseness, wind, reflux, pain, lump in throat etc.). In addition, I have lost eyebrow hair, leg hair, suffer from restless legs and have recently developed pain in my chest, left shoulder, back of head, both thumb joints (slightly arthritic but this has dome on over only a few weeks) and now my left hip. My left cheeks tingles with little shooting pains. I have lots of small brown scaly skin lesions and yellow patches of skin around my lower eye sockets and tops of my cheeks. I've had three falls over the course of a year due to dizziness and lack of coordination. (The last one resulted in breast damage and a referral to the breast clinic due to pitted skin caused by the impact of the fall.) I have been on a Fostair inhaler for asthma for about 18 months (which can cause hoarseness and is related to GERD symptoms) and I'm also on Microgol for an anal fissure. The GP requested an H-Pylori test for the GERD symptoms and put me on Omeprazole, which caused a scary incident of extreme chest pain and a red hot flush across my face; the instructions said to contact the doctor about these side effects. The doctor didn't seem too interested in this 'episode' and says that all my other complaints are down to anxiety. I asked if the reaction to Omeprazole could be down to low stomach acid and not high stomach acid, hence my interest in low B12 absorption. When I told him I'd done a basic Bicarbonate of Soda burp test to see if I had low stomach acid (I didn't burp until 7 mins for 4 days running), he told me he hadn't heard of such a test. My grandmother had pernicious anaemia. Am I making all these symptoms up? Could it be low B12 or something like MS? (Thyroid tests have come back clear.) I'm 46.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.