There's quite a big portion of my right side scalp that is red with dandruff(flaking, scaling)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Rarely feels itchy. It usually feels warm on my right side scalp because of it. It doesnt go off. Been months now. I'm not sure what is the case for my scalp but if anyone wants to try to help pls tell me and i'll send a picture of what it looks like. I tried applying fluoderm(some type of corticosteroid anti-inflammatory ointment). It decreases the redness but its effects go off quickly. And btw im a teenage boy.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Louis have you been back to your doctor about this?  The ointment is a mild one, they don't like giving anything too strong to young people because of the amount of the steroid that you would absorb.

Try going back to your doctor & telling him that this helps for a short time & ask whether there is something a little stronger that you could use.

Good luck.

• Posted

no i haven't. also been a long time since dermatologists are only available in quite far places where I live. I've also used betamethasone valerate betnovate but only for 2 weeks because my doctor told me that it shouldnt be used for long periods. (the doctor who prescribed me fluoderm and betnovate are two different doctors). Thanks for the advice. And could you tell me if which one is better to use and for how long are they safe to use? I've heard that steroids are not good for long term use. thanks again and i'l try to see the doctors on Xmas vacation hopefully. But fot the time being I need a quick solution thank you again

• Posted

The Betamethasone Valerate is the more potent.

I will message you a link which lists the strengths.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.