Think I could have achalasia?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, I've had issues with upper GI symptoms for nearly 2 years and wondering if this could be achalasia. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm currently on a waiting list to be seen by my gastroenterologist.

I'm 29 years old and since November, 2019 I've suffered with persistent reflux which isn't helped with PPI's. I've had an endoscopy and barium swallow, each which came back clear.

The strangest symptom is difficulty burping, but this is generally relieved when I lean to the left, and it seems to bring up the trapped air. I also have a lot of gurgling in my throat and chest daily.

I also haven't really had issues with swallowing (unless I overthinking things) and my weight has stayed the same. I'm around 75 kg and gym around 4 times a week.

It's all making me quite anxious having had this for so long and no diagnosis, despite the tests and large number of GP appointments!

Does this sound like achalasia, or something else? Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.