This is my 4th week of Ozempic and still feeling queasy!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a newbie here looking for answers! Hopefully someone has some insight! Today is the 4th week of taking Ozempic and i still have mild nausea everyday. I have been so constipated since I started this so i don't know if my queasiness is from that or the medication itself. I only had one night of bad nausea when i first started so thankfully it's not that bad now. I feel like I'm just getting started and don't want to give up yet but I start my .05 mg dose next week and am already worried about it making me worse. My BS numbers aren't too bad and i could withstand to lose some weight but wondering if this is worth it.

Has anyone wlse had the issue of constipation and mild nausea that didn't go away? I am taking miralax in hopes that will help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have not taken it, but do take metformin. You may want to ask your doctor about adding metformin. It may "offset" the constipation effect.

• Posted

I started out on metformin 4 years ago but it just stopped working for me. I'm hoping this will be a passing symptom that will work itself out over time.

• Posted

I use two kinds of insulin, Tresiba and NovoRapid, and could do without metformin, but I still take it at the same time. I think it reduces the amount of insulin I need, and at the same time it keeps me "regular"! It is a very safe diabetes drug. The other thing I take which I think helps with both constipation and the opposite effect is Metamucil. It can have some positive impacts on cholesterol too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.