Thoracic outlet - Cervical rib removal.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 20, I have had pain down my arm and and a pop sound in my shoulder and everything was thrown to the side saying its all fine. I then have a second opinion as the pain has progressed and the numbness has set in. I am now scheduled for surgery October of this year. I am seeing Dr. Gregory Pearl in Dallas, TX for the surgery. I am nervous as I have heard they will collapse my lung for the procedure. From what I understand they will go in under my arm to do the surgery. Any information is greatly appreciated! I am just wanting to know what you all experienced as I know this isn't extremely common having the extra ribs and all. Any tips for me or other info?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.