Thumbs Up

Posted , 2 users are following.

Mebeverine was a lifesaver for me.

I didn't have IBS, but spasms in my stomach which were making me sick all day every day. The pain was unbearable, and after almost a full year of not being able to keep food down and a huge list of things I couldn't possibly eat - I would have tried anything!

The doc suggested it as a last ditch attempt and it worked.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi ,first time here , is every thing 2 yrs old , !!! im looking for an up to date site ,, about maveverinne to relaxe the bowel , as i get lowe
  • Posted

The IBS section is fairly active smile
  • Posted

does any one think mebeverine helps soften the bowel ,,, i have lower left side pain at eithther 2 ,00 or 6pm ,, nearly evry or every other day ,,,, i .feel like its a blockage there ... and it takes hrs to shift ,,,, also whats a powerful pain killer i can take as my life s on hold ,, most pain killerers warn of liver damage ect ect ,,,, help ,, thanks val 136
  • Posted

In my experience Mebeverine hardens things up rather than softens them,, you can't really take anything stronger than Paracetamol and or Ibuprofen with constipation otherwise you'll end up even more bunged up, even with Paracetamol you are risking some bungage. What you need do is 1) ask your Doctor to find out why you are having difficulties in this lower left area, 2) find a nice mild and natural laxative, for example Lactulose or Cod Liver Oil to be used in conjunction with some dietary changes designed to loosen things up and improve things long term smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.