Thyroid removed. and have double vision

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my thyroid removed about two weeks ago, and am taking meds for it, and having my blood work done 3 times a week to get the t numbers correct . The problem that I had before my surgery was my eyes, and seeing double, but not all the time. Does this get better over time>?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was getting horrible double vision before and just after I had RAI treatment - it got better for me very quickly, withing two weeks after getting on the right level of medication which has slowly been adjusted over the last year or so. Hang in there it'll get better !!

• Posted

thank you, I know there are other issues I had like the shakes , could not sleep; could all the time but the puffy eyes and see double is not a good feeling and important to me

thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.