Tinnitus

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Flecainide 100mg twice a day since my cardioversion in July for AF and over the past few weeks have developed ringing in my right ear that is now constant. I have read that ringing in the ears is a rare side effect of Flecainide. Has anyone experinced this before and will it disappear over time or will I have to stop the med?

I'm also takng Bisoprolol 2.5mg

Thanks,

Stuart

Th

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I too was on Flecainide and developed ringing in my ears !

The drug did not work for me and I am now on Tikosyn and I STILL have ringing in my ears !

What blood thinner do you take ? I take Eliquis . Could that cause the ringing ?

It is annoying to say the least! Best, Didi

• Posted

Hi,

I was taken off blood thinners (Eliquis)after my cardio verision as my CHAS score is 0. 

It does worry me about the risk of stroke

• Posted

I had 2 cardioversions and still take blood thinner - hate the bruising ! Good for you for not having to take one.
    • Posted

It is stated as one of the rare side effects. Have you spoken to your doctor about the side effects and changing medication? How long have you had AF for?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.