Took a zopiclone to cop with insomnia once, now i have issues sleeping without it.

Posted , 1 user is following.

i recently received my first covid vaccine last sunday and wasnt able to sleep the first night (one of those nights where you just lay in bed with your eyes closed but not fully knocked out). i went through the second day as usual, feeling abit tired and restless.

now here is where it got interesting, i drank and smoked marijuana that following night and had crazy heart palpitations, more than usual. it got to the point where i could not sleep at all even being sedated on alcohol and marijuana. so i decided to pop a zopiclone (7.5mg tabs) that i received to treat gout a few months back. i went back to bed hoping to wake up in time for work the next day. after popping the pill and laying back in bed, i was going through the same thing as the first night after my covid vaccine, yet this time i was envisioning a bunch of things with my eyes closed as if i was dreaming while still awake. next thing you know i opened my eyes and it was bright early in the morning.

The third day was really messed up, i knew i was extremely tired as soon as i woke up (now know its partly due to the pills side effects and probebly abit of a hungover {im an alcoholic}). i went to work on one of the hottest day recorded this summer (30°c+). i was sweating like crazy and also working (servicing vehicles). later that day i went home thinking id be able to sleep due to the exhaustion. but guess what i couldnt.

during that night i started panicking cause i knew i had barely any sleep and something felt off as i was missing something to help me sleep. i started getting delusional, crazy tremors, flashes, super crazy heart palpitations and wasnt able to focus much at all. i was afraid to pop another zopiclone because of what happened the night before and i felt like if i popped it, it wouldve been the end of me. so instead of a zopiclone i took a melatonin pill. i definitely felt the effects of the melatonin (drowsyness) but could not shut my brain down at all.

at this point i woke my mom up to drive me to the ER. i begged and begged the nurse to admit me since i didnt know what was going on. long story short of this hospital trip, i got sent back home and finally decided to pop a zopiclone. i instantly crashed and went to bed. unfortunately i didnt get very much sleep as i was woken up 4 to 5 hrs later.

its been 2 to 3 days since that incident and i am still going through some physical and emotional stress from that incident. i also am more anxious nowadays which is totally isnt me at all, at points i get real nervous when night time comes around and ive been trying my best to not use zopiclone anymore to help me sleep. for some reason though i cant just shut my brain down when i sleep, naturally anymore. I have to wait till next monday to see my family doctor and was hoping to get some answers and guidance befoee that, as i can already see the consequences of taking sleeping pills.

Please if you have any advice or suggestions to help me with my situation, that would be greatly appreciated! im already wanting to stop using this pill and want to get back to my natural sleeping habits.

thanks for listening! id also like to hear anyone elses story if theyd be willing to share.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.