Transparent, watery semen to dry orgasm

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been concerned about this issue for a while and after talking with a few doctors and nobody could give me a solution I thought it could be worth it to give it a try here.

Until I was 34 (3-4 years ago) I had normal semen consistency, white and thick. However for no reason one day it started to change, becoming more liquid and transparent, like water - no matter how many days I stopped ejaculating it wouldn't become like it used to be before. I visited the doctor and he said I had varicocele, which needed to be operated. However after the surgery nothing changed.

Then I forgot about it for a couple of years, as I can still have orgasms and it doesn't affect much my sexual life. However then I realized that if I stop for a week or longer without ejaculating, I 'll have an orgasm but nothing will come out, it will be totally dry. This was very weird and I was afraid I may have some dangerous illness, so I decided to visit the doctor again. I had several tests done for STD, seminogram and semen culture, and testicle ultrasound, however they didn't find any bacteria or anything wrong other than bad quality in the spermatozoon (quite many of them were dead, and no good movement). However they said this could be normal as the tools are very sensitive and asked me to check again after a few months.

Has anyone been in this kind of situation before? I think it could be related to some obstruction in the ejaculatory ducts, that allow semen to pass while it's still quite liquid in the 3-4 days after ejaculation but cannot pass after that when it becomes more thick. However this is just my assumption, as the doctors didn't think this could be the cause.

I'm starting to get quite worried so any help would be much appreciated!

thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear that. look like you have dry orgasm / retrograde ejaculation. do you have semen in urine after orgasm ? check it. it can be issue with bladder neck which not close during orgasm (should be closed) or some neurological issue. Or some people with diabetes have dry orgasm. Or - didnt you lift really heavy-weight in gym ? I read that one guy (heavy lifter) has some temporary issue with dry orgasm, becaose he lift more than he should, some accident in gym.. but this should be ruled out by Urologist. and do not worry. there will be logical explanation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.