Trying to get off Bisoprolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

In January I tried to come off1.25mg of Bisoprolol. I started with every 2nd day, then every 3rd day. Eventually I came off it. I then had an episode where I started to feel dizzy. Luckily I had the presence of mind to take 5mg. An ambulance was called , when they checked my blood pressure it was very high. I ended up a&e where I was told by a doctor that I was on the verge of having a stroke. I haven't come off it since. I do think this medication is contributing to my fatigue.

Yesterday I eventually got to see a cardiologist, she told me to come off them. When I explained what happened she said "stay on them". She couldn't tell me what may have caused my blood pressure to suddenly spike. My cardiograph & blood pressure was fine.

My own doctors advise me to come off them. I'm afraid to. I just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hello pat , I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you .

could you tell me for how long did you take bisoprolol since you first started taking it , and what was the issue they prescribed it to you for ! as I'm currently on bisoprolol as well.

• Posted

I'm taking bisoprolol 2 years. I started on 2.5mg. I was put on it when I went dizzy & heart rate went high. I was upstairs & couldn't get out of the bed. My heart was racing.

I'm a cancer patient over 2 years. Thank god I'm going better, but I think the small dose I'm taking is having a negative effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.