Ultrasound

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been told to make a routine appointment to see doctor to discuss my ultrasound. Why can't they tell me over phone?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

dont panic, over the years with me and lots of people i know the drs ask you to come in to discuss your results of various things which leave us in a panic and its just literally nothing massively important. it just seems to be how they do things.

you might have nothing to tell and they just want to tell you that or a small cyst which can be completely normal depending on your cycle. i assume you got an ultrasound for symptoms of sort, they might want to see you to go over them because they found nothing.

i got a call once to discuss my cervical screening results just before christmas and i was so worried and had to wait all of christmas and new year until i could see dr and it turned out to be nothing at all. this was off the back of continuously having bad cells and needing biopsies so i was panic stricken but i literally think it was to tell me i was all clear!

• Posted

That's good to know. The txt msg from doctors said it was to discuss a letter received from hospital. When I was getting my biopsy, internal and ultrasound the doctor at hospital was concerned about my family history. My dad was 49 when he died of heart attack, his dad was 50 heart attack and his mum was 51 breast cancer and gynaecologist had asked if I had my blood pressure checked recently and to get it checked at surgery, so I'm thinking has gynaecologist contacted doctors regarding this?

• Posted

it may well be to get tour blood pressure re checked at the surgery. i really would try not to worry. they have asked you to make a routine appointment. if it was something urgent they would have asked you to come in immediately.

just relax until you see them cos worrying will only push your blood pressure up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.