Uncomfortable feeling in the tummy mid cycle ??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies don't know whether any of you feeling uncomfortable in the tummy area midcycle I just feel so bloated and my bowels seem to be more sluggish and I have pains and generally just feel rubbish boobs sore tired aches seems to be the same every mid cycle started taking menopace plus in the last three weeks and I don't know whether that is actually just getting into my system and making my bowels sluggish had tests for ovarian cancer had ultrasound scan on bowels and ovaries had endoscopy everything comes back okay??!!😖

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My stomach goes through the same thing at times with the bowls and just feeling so uncomfortable try eating soup take some pepto bismol to help the stomach issues 
  • Posted

I think it's slowed gut motility. I have it. Actually about to research how to stabilise gut motility. 

Food movingbtoo slow through our digestive tract and fermenting causing gas bloat and pain.

• Posted

Thank God everything came back normal. All I can say is that it is probably just the way your period happens to be behaving this month. I get bowel/digestive issues during my period too. This month I had bad heartburn. I went to a GI doctor once and he explained that a lot of the receptor sites for estrogen and progesterone are in the digestive tract so that's why we experience bowel issues when we go through our cycles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.