Unique case, musician. But probably similar story.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi I'm Mike. I am a professional trombone player. got a bad hernia from playing. (apologies on spelling i stink at these words) plz help.

inguinal right side

surgery #1 old school mesh not lapriscopic, went from outside.

had pain and didn't hold.

surgery 2

lapriscopic mesh placed inside

2 months later while playing pinched a nerve. I felt it slide over.

told doctor, she said cant go in you need to see a neurologist. worked with a neurologist for years with good-ish results.

decided to finally do a more permanent triple nuerectomy.

surgery 3

the triple nuerectomy.

was pain free for 1 month.

pain came back worse than ever

now discussing surgery #4

remove mesh, put new mesh in. doctor is telling me all the stats, and worst case of loosing right testicle.

should I say no new mesh? I'm leaning toward being ok with new mesh, and just changing my career.

is it same to assume that after 4 surgeries I shouldn't chance it and stop playing trombone. (it causes alot of internal pressure)

and what about loosing weight? I had this hernia originally when skinny, now 40lb heavier. would loosing the 40 take some pain away?

please tell me your journey. please help with opinion/your advice.

thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.