Urethral or prostate problems(not sure)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 22, and I've had trouble urinating and on the sexual department for 6 months now and i have gone to several doctors. I had chlamydia, e/ coli, ureaplasma etc. I went on a short cipro round which eliminated that stuff, but i still had trouble urinating. I didnt feel like i emptied completely and i feel some kind of pressure in my bladder, especialy when i masturbate. I started cipro again (6 weeks) without major improvements(4 weeks through) Although the day after i started cipro and still to this day i have penile discharge, sometimes a lot sometimes a little less. Doesn't that mean that there is still some bacteria in there? And the past week, i urinate a bit better than before the cipro, but i really struggle for the last 20% of urine. It feels like something is holding back.Also, occasionaly i eat vegetables and beans and stuff like that, and i start to feel quite better, and then i will have a pizza and i feel funky again. Is that some kind of reaction?? If yes, what the hell, will i have to avoid gluten for the rest of my life??

Thank you 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

These are my suggestions:

If you still have a discharge, ask for a lab culture to see what, if anything, grows from it.  Length of time for a culture, in the US anyway, is usually three days, but ask if you can have a four or five day culture.

Use condoms when you have sex.

Masturbate to orgasm as often as you can.  This will help clear out prostatic fluids and bacteria (if there is any) allowing the Cipro to be more effective.

If you are a regular pizza eater, you'd probably have had some pretty clear clues  before your current problems that you were gluten intolerant.

Tip:  When taking Cipro, don't ingest dairy products for 2 hrs before or after.

Have you reported the continuing discharge to your doc?

Kinau

• Posted

I have been feeling like this for 6 months and i had a balanced diet, both junk and healthy, way before that
    • Posted

Also, cipro wont be effective if i eat dairy products? Because i have been ingesting dairy products for 95% of the time i have been taking cipro.(4 and half weeks)
  • Posted

These are my suggestions:

If you still have a discharge, ask for a lab culture to see what, if anything, grows from it.  Length of time for a culture, in the US anyway, is usually three days, but ask if you can have a four or five day culture.

Use condoms when you have sex.

Masturbate to orgasm as often as you can.  This will help clear out prostatic fluids and bacteria (if there is any) allowing the Cipro to be more effective.

If you are a regular pizza eater, you'd probably have had some pretty clear clues  before your current problems that you were gluten intolerant.

Tip:  When taking Cipro, don't ingest dairy products for 2 hrs before or after.

Have you reported the continuing discharge to your doc?

Kinau

• Posted

You don't have to give up dairy products.  Just don't consume them 2 hrs before and 2 hrs after taking Cipro.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.