Vagina bubble feeling, symptom of B.V?

Posted , 58 users are following.

I had my son 9 months ago, I had a second degree tear and stitches, I was fine at first I then had sexual intercourse 5 weeks post baby and then showered (including my vagina, which I know can change the PH balance, leading to B.V) and that’s when I began to feel what could only be described as the feeling of bubbles in my vagina.

I also have a lot more discharge, which can be watery but also clumpy. I went to the doctors numerous times and was tested for Thrush, Cystitis, Bacterial Vaginosis, STDs etc and they all came out negative (although I was given and took medication for Cystitis and Bacterial Vaginosis, before the results came back) I think in the end the doctor got fed up with me and told me it was normal post baby.

I can’t see how this can be normal as it is really uncomfortable to live with and can really get me down. The excess discharge also makes my vagina sore.

The bubble feeling tends to get worse when I urinate and just before my period is due and I sometimes bleed a little after sex (not sure if this is related)

I thought it might be Bacterial Vaginosis, thats how I got the medication for it, but the swabs came back negative twice (although I have read it can be difficult to diagnose and treat) so I'm still not sure if it is. Either way I am desperate to get rid of this bubble feeling, and any doctors I have seen, do not seem to know what I am talking about, so if anybody else has experienced this bubble feeling, it would be great to hear from you.

8 likes, 117 replies

117 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I too suffer from the bubble feeling, felt it on Wednesday so I tested my PH which was normal bubbling again on Thursday PH now 6. I inserted Balance Active gel last night and tested again today, PH is about 5, still bubbling. I am going to use BA gel again tonight and hopefully PH should be normal again tomorrow. Here's hoping, only discovered this gel last month after years of recurrent bouts of this curse. I am hoping it is the answer to all my prayers as I find it very difficult to tolerate metronidazole tablets which is somewhat of a problem considering I am getting this practically every month!
    • Posted

i dont believe its a ph problem or a bv problem.its something else however unfortunately the dr that finally figured it out for me soooo long ago is not in my old records anywhere so w/out the name of the condition or/and the dr name who finally diagnosed it.i am unfortunately starting from scratch fighting and arguing w/these damn drs trying to say its normal for me.WELL ITS NOT!!!!! and now that my iud is out and have finally stopped bleeding i have INSISTED on a vaginal culture instead of ANOTHER urine culture.i had a cystoscpy done(very painful)and a ct scan...all showed nothing....well at least that means no bladder cancer or kidneystones.those have been ruled out. however it has been frustrating but im persistant and am not taking "normal"as an answer....i will keep you posted as soon as the vaginal culture results come in k

• Posted

this is years later sorry. Its ureaplasma most all of you haveUS doctors usually ignore this condition .

• Posted

What symptoms did you have? Sorry if you've already mentioned them in here.

Did your doctors refuse testing you for this at first? Or how did they figure out it was ureaplasma?

• Posted

started over 3 years ago . it started with burning when urinating. BAD pain. The urologist never figured it out. Gyno never figured out. 3 years later I just went to urologist again. just to check. ask if anything new. PRAYING. PAIN everytime i pee. cant sit right. She does all the tests again. THEN I had some gyno problems. BV thats not BV . I looked at online urologist tests. COMSUMED with pain and scared. I SEE online test positive for Ureaplasma. Looked at results from 3 years ago. Positve for ureaplasma. was never told. ever. They never put it together. I had to find this myself. Its not resspinding to the doxycycline. I am going to urogynocologist and demand Antobiogram test . DO YOUR OWN WORK ON INTERNET! DEMAND the tests.

• Posted

Wanted to add I only had some vaginal symptoms in beginning. Pain peeing for years. The bubbles started a few months ago when the vaginal symptoms started to surface again. All the info on ureaplasma is on internet. Id be screwed without internet no DR would have helped me with this in US. I am p****d

• Posted

Thanks so much, I'm so glad you found out what was wrong and can hopefully get better! What exactly were your vaginal symptoms??

• Posted

some yeast and then nothing but burning urination for over 3 years tested positive for ureaplasma twice. was never told. saw it myself online results.

• Posted

I was also positive for group b strep a few months a go and my gyno told me to wipe myself better. REALLY? Didnt give me meds. The urogynocologist has given me penicillen and has cleared all odor. Now i have to clear the yeast infection from the meds to see what symtoms are left. I had 2 weeks of erythromycin for the ureaplasma and that has not stopped the burning pee. i have to wait a month before i run all the tests again. look into ureaplasma and group b strep. many doctors dont test for these. symptoms are very similiar.

• Edited

Hello, has anyone discovered what this bubbling feelings are?

• Posted

No but I wonder if it's to do with how we are built around that area - but on the outside of us.

• Posted

Hi! I am having the bubbles too. Horrible! I am taking supplements to balance my ph level. I also am thinking it has to do with stretching out the pelvic floor. I think the pelvic floor is too tight and maybe the problem. Ive done hours of research. Try the happy baby yoga pose and see if that helps some. I wrote a post this am with more info I found , but i guess it has to be approved before its added. prayers to you!

• Posted

Hi! I have these too and I have been doing hours of research. I am starting to think it is from the pelvic floor being too tight. Try some pelvic Floor stretches. They seem to be helping. One Ive been doing is a yoga pose called the happy baby pose. God Bless! Hope it helps.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply! I am finally going to the GUM clinic on Tuesday as I want to get this sorted once and for all. I am glad somebody else understands what I mean by the bubble feeling, as the doctors do not seem to! I just wonder how common a symtom the bubble feeling is with B.V? and does it mean I have a really bad case? hopefully I will get some answers on Tuesday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.