Vagina bubble feeling, symptom of B.V?

Posted , 58 users are following.

I had my son 9 months ago, I had a second degree tear and stitches, I was fine at first I then had sexual intercourse 5 weeks post baby and then showered (including my vagina, which I know can change the PH balance, leading to B.V) and that’s when I began to feel what could only be described as the feeling of bubbles in my vagina.

I also have a lot more discharge, which can be watery but also clumpy. I went to the doctors numerous times and was tested for Thrush, Cystitis, Bacterial Vaginosis, STDs etc and they all came out negative (although I was given and took medication for Cystitis and Bacterial Vaginosis, before the results came back) I think in the end the doctor got fed up with me and told me it was normal post baby.

I can’t see how this can be normal as it is really uncomfortable to live with and can really get me down. The excess discharge also makes my vagina sore.

The bubble feeling tends to get worse when I urinate and just before my period is due and I sometimes bleed a little after sex (not sure if this is related)

I thought it might be Bacterial Vaginosis, thats how I got the medication for it, but the swabs came back negative twice (although I have read it can be difficult to diagnose and treat) so I'm still not sure if it is. Either way I am desperate to get rid of this bubble feeling, and any doctors I have seen, do not seem to know what I am talking about, so if anybody else has experienced this bubble feeling, it would be great to hear from you.

8 likes, 117 replies

117 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Just thought I would post a follow-up I went to the GUM clinic just to rule out B.V, I was told I did not have B.V but the doctor told me that the bubble feeling is quite common post baby and it is a sign of a weakened pelvic floor. She recommended to lose half a stone and to do pelvic floor exercises and if this didn't help to ask the doctor to refer me to a gynacologist at the hospital. I will try the pelvic floor and losing weight bit first and if this doesn't help I will go to the doctor. Hope this is of interest to anybody else worrying about this problem.
    • Posted

well wen i first had the bubbles it was way before i got pregnant and now tat i have it the 2nd time its 9 yrs after childbirth.so i think your dr has no idea what she is talking about.yes bv does occasionally have that symptom.but this is not always why...i had iud taken out and bled FOREVER.now made an appointment that i had to insist on FINALLY scheduled.cant wait to get this done and over with i am sooooo sick of these damn bubbles.one of the drs tried to tell me it was normal and just to live with it.WELL ITS NOT NORMAL to me or for my body and i know its something that can be treated but because its so rare it is hard forsome drs to undersand if they havnt hd a patient they treated w/it before.man what i wudnt do to know the dr name who treated me before.she was awesome.i will keep you posted as soon as i know anything k

• Posted

Hi, I have just found your post an I am really hoping you are sorted now and that someone will get this to reply back to me. I have just started experiencing the bubbling and it's got a bit of a mild period pain with this and a dull ache, did yours feel like this?
    • Posted

i have iud so dont get my period anymore..but i am feeling a very slight pain in lower right side off and on...this bubbling isso odd.i do know its not bv related only because my dr treated me for that and bubbles were almost gone but have slowly returned and i finally pushed for the urine culture it took the dr i had 15 years to finally find it.its something but just cant remember the name and my dr now is acting like she and her colleagues have never heard of it.well will keep you posted soon as the results are in.push your dr for the culture as well.its the only way to get it diagnosed.seems drs knowing of it are just as rare as the infection is itself sad
  • Edited

i too have had these air bubbles coming from (i believe)my ureathra.had it once over 15years ago.it took the doctor a long time to figure it out then too.my doctor now acts like im some mystery case and that i have to just live with it.well NO WAY!!! its too awkward and embarrassing.i have to sometimes squirm and wiggle to get them out.the dr years ago didnt find anything wrong with regular testing a urine CULTURE had to be done and thats when they she finally found thats its a very rare infection and both me and my partner had to be treated i think w/anti-biotics for 2weeks.i finally convinced my current dr to do a urine culture yesterday after some 5weeks ago her saying it was bv.i gues it can be a symptom of bv.and initial tests did show i had mild case of bv.but now that testing shows no bv at all.the meds she gave me for bv DID slow the bubbles down and were almost completely gone but as soon as meds were done they have very slowly returned and im annoyed with it entirely!!!! i will let you know what the culture reveals.if she comes up empty handed and looks at me like im making this up having it years ago and it being an ACTUAL problem.IM insisting on a referral to an OBGYN dr or SWITCHING DR.s ALL TOGETHER!!! i know im not making this up and IT IS NOT NORMAL.i say you push your dr to do the same and push for a urine culture.i'll keep you posted
    • Posted

Hi flower girl.

I too I'm feeling a bubbling sensation but for me it feels like it's coming from my vaginal canal, 3 to 4 inches in.  Did you find out what was causing the bubbling?  It does seem to get worse after every pee that I have, so perhpas it does have something to do with the urethra.

Let me know.

Thnks

• Posted

Just to let you know I have the same as you and flowergirl and if you have found anything that help rid these horrid bubbles please let me know.  Thanks.
    • Edited

Hi BlancheCharm,

Its been a year but over this time, i think i figured some things out.

I first got this bubbling after a very bad BV inflection after having sex with a guy i was dating.

What i've come to find out that our vaginal ph is off when this is happening. Its either from some type if vaginal infection or maybe just vaginal ph being off bc of whatever reason. But when i FINALLY got some control over the bubbling, i started to see patterns.

I had the bubbling consistently after i "recovered" from the bv infection. Everytime I would pee, i would feel it and exactly 10 days before i would get my period, the bubbling would be there more intensely. The way i even moved my body or sat would cause it this bubbling feeling too.

This went on for 1.5 years.

I researched alot and found something called 'Femdopilious'. It is a vaginal pro biotic. I took it twice daily and the bubbling stopped 97%.

I also stopped eating much of anything with sugar and stopped eating bread, pasta etc.

I did notice though, if a did have a bottle of pop, drank alcohol or ingested coffee with sugar in it, i would feel the bubbling after i peed. But for the most part, i was good!

I also wanted to not have to depend on the pro biotics so i started to take folic acid, omega 3 in liquid form,2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day and alternating oil of oregano and goldenseal tablets monthly. It worked and i got the bubbling to stop with and was able to slowly stop using the pro biotic. I still do this just to maintain a healthy vjay.

Also, my vagianl ph seemed "normal" doctors said but it must not have been bc once i took control and noticed different things, i eliminated the problem.

I noticed that once you get your vaginal ph right (by whichever means), you MUST maintain a healthy vaginal environment with vitamins/supplements that are good for the vagina and support it with healthy living. I find that i am now more attuned to my vagina and noticed what things i ingest bother it ir make it feel normal.

Hope that helps!

• Posted

no i still have not found out. i had my iud removed hoping that would stop the symptoms ...but it did not...not enjoying having my period back either...however i did finally make an appointment for a vaginal culture.which is what iv been asking my drs for. instead they just kept trying urine cultures which show nothing. had every test except the vag culture you could possibly have done and everytime they all come out normal.the vaginal culture is my last hope.i just had to wait until i was done bleeding. the last time i had this was like 15-20yrs ago & it was cured with some medication.but have no idea what they found at that time but i will let you know what the dr says as soon as i get the results k

• Posted

Hi I kniw it has been over a year but have you found out? Have you fixed your symptoms? Could it be Ureaplasma? I have been researching extensively on this since I have had this for over two years. i think is BV but have been testing the swab tests negative. Getting back culture test sometime in the week.
  • Posted

Hi Ladies - I'm not sure if you are discussing the same issue as what I'm suffering from. This is funny but very embarassing - but the thing that I suffer from is more like air bubbles and I ended up searching vagina farting on Google and this is what I found.

"Vaginal farts are much more common than you may think. It’s just that people are too afraid to talk about it. It can happen with exercise, sex, and with sudden movements like getting out of a chair. First of all, it’s nothing to worry about. It’s just embarrassing. One concern would be a tear or opening in the vaginal region; however, if that were the case, vaginal farting would be the last of your troubles. You’d know if something more serious is going on.

Next, it’s important to understand that a rectal fart is different from a vaginal fart. With the former, the air that leaves originate from within the GI tract or from swallowed air. However, during the latter, the vaginal walls expand, pulling in lots of air. When it collapses back down, the air gets expelled and creates a fart-like sound. Vaginal farts are usually odorless.

To get rid of them, performing exercises like squats or Kegel exercises can strengthen the pelvic muscles and help keep the vaginal walls from expanding."

when I discussed this vaginal bubbling with my doctor in Toronto, Canada - he said the same thing to me and suggested to do Kegel Excercise.

I hope this helps and what you are suffering from is nothing more than a normal situation.

Good Luck ladies...!

• Posted

No this is not at all what we are talking about, thanks for ur attempt tho

Jade

• Posted

I have the "bubbling" feeling with no other symptoms too. It started out of the blue a few months ago. It starts when I shower and sticks around for a few hours. Peeing during that time reactivates it. I squirm around and try to get rid of the feeling. Very odd. I am going to ask about it at the continence clinic as I have an appointment coming up for another matter. I will report back if I find out anything or resolve the problem.

• Posted

Sorry everyone, I had to postpone my appointment at the continence clinic because I had a different medical issue come up that is more urgent. I will report back but it might not be for a while.

Oddly enough, the problem has reduced a bit in the last month. I am not sure why.

I am going to do a test to find out whether the bubbles are definitely coming from the vaginal opening. I will put in a mini tampon immediately after showering (which kicks off my symptoms) and see whether that stops the bubbling feeling while it is in.

I don't know when I will get round to this, however, so please don't wait on me!

I do suggest that anyone who has the bubbling feeling with no other symptoms try their local continence clinic or helpline.

I also wondered if weight gain could be a factor. Due to my other medical issue, I have put on a fair bit of weight this year, mostly around hips/thighs, and I wondered if that had changed the topography of the area, in that everything is rather more squeezed together between my legs than it used to be.

Hopefully when I get my other medical issue sorted out, I will lose the extra weight.

Anyway, just to reiterate: do try your local continence service. I have found that continence nurses are really easy to talk to and judging by this thread they will have heard about it before.

Best wishes to everyone in getting this sorted out.

Cheers,

Sarah in Australia

• Posted

Hi Sarah, thanks for your reply! I hope you get everything sorted and you feel better. All the best to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.