Skip to content
Ad

Bacterial Vaginosis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Raw honey

Hey guys. I'm sort of on the alkins 1st stage diet right now (tho I've cheated with peanut butter and bread a few times) but am generally feeling better.  I was doing coconut oil tampons w/ lavender oil and tea tree oil....but then my vagina burned really bad when I took it out one day...

• 🤦🏽‍♀️

Okay so I’m really trying y’all.  I’m going to try the honey soon..however, Two days ago I started soaking a tampon in hemalayin salt and hoping that the salt will break down the biofilm on the bad bacteria. But I do know anything ....and I do mean anything that is antibacterial will also kill...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • BV won’t go!,

I’ve had BV for 4 months now and I won’t go!, ive had 3 different courses of antibiotics but nothing is working, what do I do?.

Last reply
  • AMPICILLIN 500 MG-E. Coli

Good Afternoon Ladies I have been suffering with BV for 20 long month of praying,tears,researching and antibiotics...I've had so many tests and held my breath for 7 days each time every month...my Female OB/GYN takes different tests to come back and say I have E. Coli in my vagina...this is where...

Last reply
  • BV and Oral Sex

I have had chronic BV for probably 4 years now. I know I don't always have it, but more so than not I have it each month; for me its mainly the odor. My doctor always said it could just be that my vagina is naturally out of whack. Or just having sex or getting my period can throw it off and that...

Last reply
  • HOW I CURED MY BV!

Hello ladies ! There are many women who suffer from the horrible condition known as BV. I struggled with it for about 3-4 months now and I finally found my cure and I think this will work for a lot of ladies which is why I want to share it all with you ! This is something I came up with myself and it...

Last reply
  • BV HELP, have you had cramps?

Hi, I'm new to this group but I'm hoping you guys can help. Did you have cramps/lower abdominal pain with your BV? I have awful cramping in my lower abdomen, soreness, achey, inflamed, swollen feelings. Feels like period cramping and I need a heating pad. I cough and my pelvic region hurts. I...

Last reply
  • Acidophilus and hydrogen peroxide

Similar posts have been posted but for those looking for experiences of the above. I’ve had bv on and off for four years.  Things that bought it on: Sex  Poor diet IUD coil I’ve had metrodianzole a few times. Probably didn’t adhere to the prescription well as it always made me sick. And...

Last reply
  • Raw honey

Hey guys. I'm sort of on the alkins 1st stage diet right now (tho I've cheated with peanut butter and bread a few times) but am generally feeling better.  I was doing coconut oil tampons w/ lavender oil and tea tree oil....but then my vagina burned really bad when I took it out one day...

Posted
  • Need BV diet help...!! 18yo literally screaming

Hi fellow sufferers. Our lives suck.  I've tried so many home remedies. Vitamin C, D3, boric acid, ACV, hydrogen peroxide, garlic, oregano oil, cats claw, black walnut, fenugreek, folic acid, multivitamins, bentonite clay, D-mannose, cranberry, probiotics up there, tea tree oil, coconut oil,...

Last reply
  • Chronic Vaginal E Coli infections

Hi everyone,  So the last few times I was treated for BV (in the summer of 2014), it turns out once the cultures came back, that I had E Coli and not Gardnerella. It is chronic and goes away with antiboitoics, but comes back right away a few days after the antibiotics are through, especially after...

Last reply
  • My BV cure

Hi ladies so I ended up in the BV nightmare after being on antibiotics and two rounds of diflucan and tremendous stress. Nothing worked. I did flagyl, peroxide, salt water, oral probiotics, boric acid and probably others I'm forgetting. I've always been a fan of essential oils so I decided to...

Last reply
  • My cure

Hello ladies!! All I do to keep bv away is use aveeno body wash with yogurt. I put some on my finger and stick it in my vagina. This body wash has live cultures that help get your ph level back to where it should be. My discharge and odor are completely gone.

Last reply
  • Anyone treated bv without antibiotics?

I have had bv in the past but always put on metronidazole for 10 days. I'm wondering if anyone got rid of symptoms by changing diet and doing apple cider vinegar baths or using tea tree essential oil ect. If so I'd love to hear what you did and how long it takes to get back to normal. Thank you!...

Last reply
  • Bacterial infection

I was treated for bacterial infection a week ago but the odor is still there it came back after my cycle on the 6th but wasn’t strong while bleeding 

Last reply
  • I've had BV for months now...

I've had BV for months now and I think it's finally making its way OUT!!! I'm in highschool and I have been sexually active. The BV arrived around a time I was not sexually active. I noticed a pretty disgusting smell coming from my vagina that kind of smelled like a rotting dirty diaper....

Last reply
  • Chronic BV. What Ive learned (all in one place)

As many of you here, I have suffered from chronic BV for years, four years actually. It's amazing to me how I can go to a doctor, who will tell me first that it’s just a “nuisance” problem, and when I go back he’ll tell me he's never had anyone who didn't respond to this ____ treatment. Yet...

Last reply
  • Chronic BV

Hi everyone. I have been suffering from this dreadful chronic bacterial vaginosis for over two years now. When it first started, my symtoms were very strong. I had a fishy odor and (Warning, TMI) it would seap through some of my clothing making me smell it all the time. The discharge was also milky looking...

Last reply
  • Metronidazole Vaginal Gel = No Period

Hello, I used metronidazole gel and now my period is late.  I can't find any information regarding missed period while using this medicine.  I have never been late.  My husband has been offshore for 3 months so I know I'm not pregnant.  I get my period faithfully. I finished...

Last reply
  • What Bacterial Vaginosis symptoms did you have??

Just wondering what symptoms have others experienced while having BV?  My symptoms are smelly vaginal discharge which normally smells fishy.  Recently and I have noticed in the past some achy abdominal pains and also swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. Does anyone have any similar symptoms...

Last reply
  • 🤦🏽‍♀️

Okay so I’m really trying y’all.  I’m going to try the honey soon..however, Two days ago I started soaking a tampon in hemalayin salt and hoping that the salt will break down the biofilm on the bad bacteria. But I do know anything ....and I do mean anything that is antibacterial will also kill...

Posted
  • Has anyone experienced this with bv?

Has anyone bv caused them to get cervicitis? My gynecologist told me I have two infections. I tested negative for chlamydia and gonnorhea. Even thoe I have many white blood cells. I was wondering if anyone else had experience this during bv?

Last reply
  • One Swab results

Okay so the one swab tested for bacterial vagnosis panel, Candida panel, there were four different candida. I was positive for one candida. And it also tested for aerobic vaginitis. Aerobic bacteria are group b strept, e. Coli, staphylococcus and enterococcus. The BV and AV panel test for four types...

Last reply

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting about something like this online. My name is Stormy. Im 24 years old and About 3 months ago, i started having vaginal burning, along with some blood in my urine ( which i could only see it on the toilet paper since it was just a little). It lasted 2 days and...

Last reply
  • Tired of bv

Has anyone tried the isla soap stick? Ive heard awesome things about it. I need to know where to find it. Thank you.

Last reply
  • New medicine for bv (Possible Cure)

So I decided to not go to the gynecologist anymore because I feel like they honestly don't care about finding a solution for the BV. I also stopped trying to cure it. NOTHING WORKS FOR ME AT ALL. I have tried EVERYTHING except BORIC ACID. Blah blah blah SKIPPING TO THE MAIN POINT I decided to type...

Last reply
  • Vitamin D3 cured my bv!

So about two years ago my doctor ran some blood tests and told me I needed to get a vitamin d supplement because I was a little deficient. I knew nothing about vitamin d deficency. I never took the supplement. I recently saw on a blog on bv that a woman said she was cured. I went and got me a bottle....

Last reply
  • STILL ON BV

Ladies I wasn't active for about 3yrs sexually and I started back up. I have e children and I never experienced BV until I started having sex again. What causes this. And what do you think I can do to keep in under control??? I like perfumes and scented lotions. Should I stop using them??

Last reply
  • BV leg pain?

Hi, I'm 26 I've never have had BV before... last week I went to the doctors cause I was having really bad pain outside my vagina, and cramping. My doctor put me on antibiotics...seems like it's not doing to much the pain outside my vagina comes and goes, but the leg pain will not go away!!!!!...

Last reply
  • Antibiotic

Have any of you ladies tried the antibiotic Tinidazole and were cured of bv? This medicine costs over $100 but my dr got my insurance to cover it since I’ve been battling Bv for quite some time!!

Last reply
  • BV

I’ve been battling this for years. Recently I got a one swab kit form medical lab diagnostics and had a test for AV, BV and CV and I tested positive for ground b strept on the first one. The second one found yeast and showed me to be negative for three out of four of the lacobaccilli that are supposed...

Last reply
  • I think I have BV but I can't smell it myself

Hi, I am so glad I found this forum because I have been feeling like an outcast lately. I'm an 18 year old girl and a virgin. I was wondering if it's possible to give off a fishy smell like that of BV without being able to smell it yourself? Ever since I was about 12, I started to get people...

Last reply
  • Living with bv and the cure

Sorry to tell everyone this but there is no cure for BV. Women actually get this disease an there is no cure. The only thing the doctors give you is the pill for seven days twice a day. Or the cream for five days that is inserted at night before bed. The doctors say there is no cure. The only thing you...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.