Skip to content
Ad

Bacterial Vaginosis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Could this be BV OR TRICH

I had sex with a new partner unprotected(pullout) 2 weeks before my itchiness started. 2 weeks later my period started and a day after the first day of my period that is when the itchiness started. I really did not notice discharge because my period was on and I was bleeding, but as my period went away...

Last reply
  • What Bacterial Vaginosis symptoms did you have??

Just wondering what symptoms have others experienced while having BV?  My symptoms are smelly vaginal discharge which normally smells fishy.  Recently and I have noticed in the past some achy abdominal pains and also swollen lymph nodes in my groin area. Does anyone have any similar symptoms...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with BV. Need advice!?

Long story short, I have had vaginal issues for almost 2 months now. I was diagnosed with BV and I was put on flagyl 500mg twice a day for 7 days. And told to have no sex for two weeks. I took all of medication as prescribed with activia yogurt. And finished them 3 days ago. While on the medication...

Last reply
  • I'm very scared please help

I have had the same sexual partner for 3 years and after a terrible breakup I was feeling very depressed. I ended up meeting a guy on Tinder 2 months later and I found out he had HPV (I did not have vaginal sex, it was only oral sex and I noticed after 30 seconds in something was up.) Then, I met another...

Last reply
  • Do I have bacterial vaginosis again?

I am in a long term monogamous relationship and my boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex for three and a half years now and I had never gotten BV before. He never ejalculates inside of me. We decided to bring in another guy to spice things up and he was using a condom but it slipped off and...

Last reply
  • BV or Herpes Misdiagnosis?

Last Sunday I had unprotected sex 3 times in a row with a new partner (whose penis was larger than I'm used to), the next day, Monday, I started experiencing pain when I walked or sat down, but I assumed it was just from the amount of sex I had. Tuesday morning I woke up needing to pee and it burned...

Last reply
  • MEN with BV

OK so i know that technically men CANT get BV or atleast thats what doctors say. But i feel like i keep getting it after i have sex with my bf ( he does NOT ejaculate inside me though) Ive been doing research on this all day and ive read that some men have been treated for it and their partner stopped...

Last reply
  • I've had BV for months now...

I've had BV for months now and I think it's finally making its way OUT!!! I'm in highschool and I have been sexually active. The BV arrived around a time I was not sexually active. I noticed a pretty disgusting smell coming from my vagina that kind of smelled like a rotting dirty diaper....

Last reply
  • BV That Won't Go Away :( Started after an antibotic

I've been suffering with BV for about 9 months now-- with random but infrequent yeast infections as well. This all started for me when I was prescribed an antibiotic for a UTI, which I had also never had. It has been an absolute nightmare especially since Ive never ever had an issue until that...

Last reply
  • Caused by certain partner? His bacteria hates me?

Hi. I'm a 32 year old woman in a serious, monogamous relationship. I've never had a yeast infection or experienced symptoms of BV until I started this new relationship. (Previously in a long-term relationships, had sex, never had an infection.) A few days after the first time I had sex with my...

Last reply
  • chronic bacterial vaginosis :(

Ok, I'm not exactly sure where to start with this... I'm a 25 year old woman from Australia and I've had a mystery chronic vaginal infection that has been going on for over 7 years now. This is a bit embarassing but I know practially the date and reason it started. I was masturbating with...

Last reply
  • BV CURED!

I was pretty excited to come on this site to share what has cured me because i know how frustrating bv is and i am sure some of you have tried many things. I had bv for 3 months. I am just now getting over it. I had gone to the doctors twice and have taken metronidazole and clindamycin. both intravaginal...

Last reply
  • Chronic Vaginal E Coli infections

Hi everyone,  So the last few times I was treated for BV (in the summer of 2014), it turns out once the cultures came back, that I had E Coli and not Gardnerella. It is chronic and goes away with antiboitoics, but comes back right away a few days after the antibiotics are through, especially after...

Last reply
  • Gardenerella vaginalis

I'm wondering if gardenerella vaginalis is the same thing as bv or is it two separate things I've been to the gyno and they treated me for bv and gave me metronidazole 500 mg to take twice daily for seven days but it's not fully gone the smell isn't as bad anymore but their still is discharge...

Last reply
  • BV Cure???

So I have BV. It only reoccurs when I get my period. This is my third time having it and I am feeling so defeated. I was reading up on candidiasis, which can cause BV, and decided to give that a try. Any suggestions anyone has is VERY welcome. Also, my BV is incredibly painful...

Last reply
  • Does spirulina helps with BV?

I was wondering if anyone else has tried spirulina for helping with BV treatment? I just order one and I will share if there is any result I also take oral and vaginal probiotic. And diet without any sugar and gluten. And also I drink lots and lots of water.

Last reply
  • Found the cure to BV !!!!!!!!

I had BV for maybe 1 month and I did a lot of research. I have done everything ! One thing I would never do is douche. That's horrible. But anyways I found the cure it's so simply ! 1 glass of warm water and squeeze half a lemon inside. Drink 3 glasses a day! Then thought out the day drink...

Last reply
  • Bacterial Vaginosis and red itchy bumps

On thursday I went to a friends house, and before I showered and scrubbed really hard around my vagina hoping that I could be super clean, I also scrubbed like that around my anus. ( I used summers eve, the blue cap) At his house, we had very rough sex three times. When I got home I took a shower and...

Last reply
  • Chronic BV. What Ive learned (all in one place)

As many of you here, I have suffered from chronic BV for years, four years actually. It's amazing to me how I can go to a doctor, who will tell me first that it’s just a “nuisance” problem, and when I go back he’ll tell me he's never had anyone who didn't respond to this ____ treatment. Yet...

Last reply
  • BV and vaginal burning!

Does BV cause vaginal burning? I read in some places that it's one of the rare symptoms of BV. I have slight smell and some discharge (not a lot), but what's bothering me the most is the burning. My symptoms started when I got pregnant ( semen could be the culprit), unfortunately I miscarried...

Last reply
  • Pain from BV is killing me

My account | Sign out Patient - Trusted medical information and support Skip to content Settings Messages• Notifications Sksulli Sksulli ★1 : Beginner BV burning Sksulli Sksulli Help please. I have been fighting with something ( apparently BV) for 9 months. I started dating someone new and immediately...

Last reply
  • Bumps in inner vagina

Rare bumps in inner vagina. Super sore. It's only been hurting like 3 days, I just noticed in the shower. Need help on what this could be.

Last reply
  • Question about Bacterial Vaginitis with bumps

I have been diagnosed with BV and have to take flagyl. The pain that I have with it is terrible. When I urinate the bumps burn. I think its because I am irritated. How can slow up the pain while I urinate? When I wear panties the bumps are irritated. What should I do?

Last reply
  • Vagina! Could be poison ivy? In so much pain

I am a 19 year old female with a boyfriend that I have had for almost three years. We have unprotected sex and occasionally with a condom. He is a landscaper this summer and has poison ivy. We have had sex and his poison ivy is almost gone but I recently got a couple tiny pimple like bumps on the end...

Last reply
  • BV leg pain?

Hi, I'm 26 I've never have had BV before... last week I went to the doctors cause I was having really bad pain outside my vagina, and cramping. My doctor put me on antibiotics...seems like it's not doing to much the pain outside my vagina comes and goes, but the leg pain will not go away!!!!!...

Last reply
  • Soreness

I have been wrestling Bacteria vagnaitis and I can't bear how raw and sore I am. Any recommendations for that?

Last reply
  • How I fixed my BV!

I've been suffering from BV for the past 2.5 years (I first started noticing symptoms during the summer of 2015). I've tried a couple home remedies here but have always been wary of antibiotics as I've read other women have had bad experiences/the BV comes back stronger. Fortunately I didn't...

Last reply
  • Bv Cured!!!

I've had Bv for 5 years. I tried E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!!!!!!!... Nothing worked. On my first encounter with bv I went to see a doctor to find out what's going on down there, sadly they didn't find anything but just prescribed antibiotics. But I knew something was off... Something felt off....

Last reply
  • HOW I CURED MY BV!

Hello ladies ! There are many women who suffer from the horrible condition known as BV. I struggled with it for about 3-4 months now and I finally found my cure and I think this will work for a lot of ladies which is why I want to share it all with you ! This is something I came up with myself and it...

Last reply
  • Struggling with BV

I've been struggling with BV since April it went away for a couple of months with prescribed medicine but now it's back. I've read online soaking in a warm bath with apple cider vinegar for 15-20 minutes helps it go away completely. Has anyone tried this and does it work?

Last reply
  • BV and the pill

Have asked this question before...got no responses.  Is anyone taking birth control pills to try to lessen the length of periods to help with BV?   I am having very heavy periods/ lengthy ones and wondering if I should try birth control to see if that helps.  I am 45 and would only go...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.