Found a BV cure!!!

Posted , 59 users are following.

After having it for almost two years, I can finally say my symptoms are FINALLY showing improvements!! I've tried literally everything on this planet from antibiotics to hydrogen peroxide to tea tree to garlic to lemon to coconut oil to vinegar to yoghurt.. still nothing.

So I did some research and I found a woman on YouTube who said salt water bath is the cure. I tried it but it didn't really work for me but I can say it soothed THE OUTSIDE of my vagina. But of course the problem is internal. So I figured I'd use salt water tampon. 

Salt works by drying out the bacteria by drawing out the water from their cell membranes, causing dehydration

Hence killing it. This may help destroy the BV biofilm that attaches to the vaginal wall by drying it out, causing it to no longer survive. I figured that's what it would do. 

So I got a small cup and poured around 100ml of water and added one heaped teaspoon of sea salt ( has to be sea salt ) then I mixed it together. Then added a tampon inside n left it to soak in the solution for 30 mins. Then I insert it and leave it in for about 2- 3 hours repeating twice a day. I'm currently on the 4th day and so far the discharge and odour has decreased drastically. The itch has gone!!!

I'm going to do this for another 3 days then I'll follow up with canesten vaginal probiotics and I'll update you smile 

I'm also taking vitamin D3 tablets 400 I.U per tablet. Twice a day! 

So far I'm impressed with the results but this is the only thing that has worked for me and actually shown results. Different things work for different people.

6 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I am going to try this method. I have also tried every antibiotic possible, as prescribed by my Gyno. And home remedies, including tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide etc. I hope it works for this unbearable odor! I can’t even live a normal social life because of it. 
    • Posted

I completely feel your pain! I literally cried because the smell was awful and I was always paranoid that people can smell me! It ruined my sex life but now I feel comfortable again. 

The main issue with trying to get rid of BV that people don't know of, is the biofilm that the bad bacteria created! Causing the reoccurring problem. It's very resistant to antibiotics so that doesn't work. Everything else just isn't strong enough to penetrate the biofilm! Hopefully this salt method works for you smile

• Edited

hey there,

just going through forums to try and find a solution for BV, and found this one. I thought I'd mention that BV doesnt actually produce an odor. That is the one difference between a recurring yeast infection and chronic BV. They look identical in regards to discharge, itchiness, burning, redness, inflammation and the like, but the one difference is that BV doesnt smell. I have been dealing with this problem for roughly a year and have tried almost everything. What has worked for me are baking soda bathes and douching roughly 3 to 4 times a week. The baking soda helps calm the itching and slows down the overgrowth of bacteria. I was successful in getting rid of it a couple months ago, but after a round of antibiotics and an actual yeast infection, it threw off my pH. I am about to try a bleach bath as well. I have seen a couple of references saying it helps get rid of it. Since we have Staph A (MRSA) living on our skin, a bleach bath apparently kills it, thus only leaving behind the good bacteria. I hope this helps. 😃

• Edited

i just want to let you know that you are misinformed. BV smells fishy and can at times be odorous through the clothing. Yeast infections do not have an odor.

• Posted

Hi i know what you are going through 10 years and more go get a yoni vagina steam i was very skeptical but a this point i said what the hell i went to see a herbalist she have you fill out a lot of questions of the symptoms you are having and honey i tell you what ever herbs she put in that bowl it did something she recommended 3 visits i have two more sessions i tell you no discharge no oder honey take back your life i hope no pray this helps you

• Posted

Bleach baths get all the dirt off you u feel so clean but dry but u can see and feel good I put some of the regular Clorox bleach in my water and I see all the sweat and dirt come straight off in a bath and I use dove white bar soap which helps my skin stay smooth

• Posted

this is wrong, if you have had bv for a year then you would know that bv has a fishy smell to it, due to the ph balance being too acidic. your most likely experiencing a yeast infection. educate yourself before commenting with such confidence. you cannot advise someone to douche! thats one of the main factors for gettin bc in the first place!

• Posted

Um not sure where you are getting your information from but i can assure you BV stinks to high heaven! Why? Because BV is a bacteria whereas thrush is a fungus. Anything that is bacterial will have an odour. Please check your information before posting. Just to give you an idea. BV smells like rotten fish.

• Posted

I'm going to try this as well I have tried everything and nothing has worked or has got any better. I need to find something that works. I have been suffering for 2 years now.

• Posted

I know the feeling. I suffered too but I literally had to research because I couldn't take it anymore! I was getting depressed that I'll never be the same again.

Hopefully this works for you too! Update me smile

• Posted

I plan on trying this method after my period is over so I was just curious if a couple things, was there a certain time of day you did the tampon inserts like one at night and one in the morning? Also what brand of insertable probiotics have you been using to balance things back out? 
  • Edited

UPDATE!!! 

So I have an increased discharge with a little itch. I went to the doctors to get checked up and was told I have thrush and was given a tablet. I'm not normally fused with thrush because I've always had this on and off.

But I'm happy to say I'm BV FREE.  No odour for two weeks now and still going. It's been a long journey and I hope what worked for me works for you. I asked her to double check if I still have BV and she said its not there. No trace. 

The salt method plus vaginal probiotics worked wonders for me. 

Ps. You can use any vaginal probiotics you find on amazon if you're not from the uk and cannot access the canesten brand. 

• Posted

I had the same problems and a friend told me about an asian remedy which I was able to track down and buy online.  It's a cigar shaped stick you insert for about a minute.  I was extremely skeptical after dealing with this problem for years and was ready to try anything.  I noticed within two days the odor had disappeared and mucous had lessened. It's been over 12 months now of just using this product for a few days in the first few weeks and I cannot believe it has not returned.  The product is called Isla Soap stick, I bought it online as I could not find it anywhere in chemists.  I think because it is like a chinese asian medicine.  Trust me it works. I hope this helps you like it did me!!!!

• Posted

I have been researching and i have found people mix bamboo, salt celtic salt, mineral salt into a capsule. I am not too sure if this is a remedy and have not done it yet if anyone knows anything please feel free to comment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.