Found a BV cure!!!

Posted , 59 users are following.

After having it for almost two years, I can finally say my symptoms are FINALLY showing improvements!! I've tried literally everything on this planet from antibiotics to hydrogen peroxide to tea tree to garlic to lemon to coconut oil to vinegar to yoghurt.. still nothing.

So I did some research and I found a woman on YouTube who said salt water bath is the cure. I tried it but it didn't really work for me but I can say it soothed THE OUTSIDE of my vagina. But of course the problem is internal. So I figured I'd use salt water tampon. 

Salt works by drying out the bacteria by drawing out the water from their cell membranes, causing dehydration. 

Hence killing it. This may help destroy the BV biofilm that attaches to the vaginal wall by drying it out, causing it to no longer survive. I figured that's what it would do. 

So I got a small cup and poured around 100ml of water and added one heaped teaspoon of sea salt ( has to be sea salt ) then I mixed it together. Then added a tampon inside n left it to soak in the solution for 30 mins. Then I insert it and leave it in for about 2- 3 hours repeating twice a day. I'm currently on the 4th day and so far the discharge and odour has decreased drastically. The itch has gone!!!

I'm going to do this for another 3 days then I'll follow up with canesten vaginal probiotics and I'll update you smile 

I'm also taking vitamin D3 tablets 400 I.U per tablet. Twice a day! 

So far I'm impressed with the results but this is the only thing that has worked for me and actually shown results. Different things work for different people.

6 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh my god.i thought i was the only one who'd ever heard of Isla and used it. Glad to see that someone else here has also.Great to know Sandra. I had done it all too just like every other women has done and continues to.

From GP's, gyno's, naturopaths, home remedies and even accupuncture. For 5 years i struggled with it and anything that i found to relieve it was a very short temporary fix. I thought about buying shares in yogurt companies to at least get some return on the amount i was buying and going through to get a bit of relief.

i wasn't as lucky as you to have a friend to mention it to me and stumbled across it by pure chance...... Or devine intervention maybe evensmile  I had no real intention of buying this Isla soap stick. How could something so simple achieve what all the other treatments and remedies i had endured had not. I made the choice in the end though as it seemed to have more than just one benefit so if it failed to help with my BV then i'd maybe see other benefits.Definitely some reluctance when it arrived in the post and left it in its box on the bench for a few days. Finally decided to try it though as i bought it for a reason and didn't want to die wondering..

I followed the instructions and inserted it for 1 minute and put it to bed. Dont know why i was hesitant after doing it as it was quite comfortable. Went to bed and forgot about it. I woke in the morning still having forgotten about it and went about my motherly duties. It wasn't until i was in the shower and washing down there that i first realised it had definitely had some effect that it claimed. I was actually quite alot tighter. I definitely had a laugh to myself and a new belief that perhaps it was more than just hype. Went to work and it was evident pretty quickly that something more was happening down there. My usual 11am toilet trip was quite telling as the usual residue in my underwear was almost non existent. A little more happy though still sceptical i found that by the time i was home i had still not had any more discharge and the odour almost non existent.

OH MY GOD!!!   As the days progressed it was very apparent that this thing was actually working. I  have had all symptoms of BV gone since finding this product and i am so glad that i was able to get past the sceptisism and do it. All i can say ladies is that persistance in searching got me exactly where i found my saviour in this magic stick.I know the struggles and the emotional strain BV put on me as well as my husband as nothing really made me feel all that sexy with all that going on down there and as a consequence our sex life suffered.

It has been 10 months now since i first used it and i have nothing but positive things to say about it. Hubby is also a big fan too. Not only is he getting some again but he loves that it feels like pre children again and i get to skip all the pelvic floor excercises wink

I hope to those reading this it at least leaves you with a feeling of hope as there truly is. I'm recomending it because i know it worked for me and am positive that many other women will discover how this magical little

Isla soap stick

• Posted

So where to go to order it and how much is it I'm going threw bv right now and have had it for over 5 years I need to back the way I use to be

• Posted

I've been cured of bv for the past 6 yrs. My doctor gave me one pill to take orally and another set to insert for 7 nights and that was from feb 2012 and after So long im having symptoms.

• Posted

Hi Annie, what pill and suppositories did your Dr. give you?

• Posted

Hi Kelly, I searched Google to see if anything would help and your post gave me a little hope ! I’ve had symptoms of BV but all tests at my GP came out negative which is frustrating cause GP couldnt suggest anything to help apart from a cream. I have also been tested for loads and all normal ! But it obviously is not normal!

To sum up, I have severe outside itching of the vagina causing a burning sensation and horrible smell as well every single day. I tried the salt bath and it does nothing. I am going to try your salt tampon idea. It does worry me that I haven’t been diagnosed for BV but I’ve read that it doesn’t always come up in tests. Can I ask how you are now ? How long did you do the tampon thing for (number of days ?) 

• Posted

Did it get rid of it?
    • Posted

What worked for me was about 3/4 of a cup of virgin unrefined coconut oil add about 10 drops of all natural tea tree oil, and open up about 8 probiotic capsules mix it all together good and made frozen suppositories insert one before bed make sure to wear a pad ,do this for one week. It worked for me as I’ve suffered on and off for ten years and finally was fed up with antibiotics gave this a try and  it worked for me I hope this helps anyone
  • Posted

I am going to try Kelly's method.

I will update if it's effective eventually.

I have BV recurred every two months for about 4 times, so about half a year in total. I feel my BV was recurring for a reason and I could not figure out why. But I think it makes sense that the BV recurs easily because there's a biofilm, and I feel Flagyl is becoming less effective as I have taken it for so many time.

I keep pH test strips at home and test on my pH value from time to time. Flagyl was effective initially, but this time even when I'm taking Flagyl my pH value refused to drop down. 

So far, I have tried this method once as Kelly instructed, last night, I left the tampon inside for about 2 hours and took it out. Then I put in a vaginal probiotic ovule and go to bed. Today, my discharge has changed its scent significantly. I have been using probiotics for the past two nights and they weren't able to change the odor. I guess it was really because of the bad bacteria biofilm that prevents the lactobacillus to survive in the vagina. (before, it wasn't having fishy ordor with the antibiotics, but it didn't smell very normal either) I tested the pH value with my little kit, it wasn't accurate, but I could see pH value has finally dropped a little.

Will do again tonight to consolidate the result. And hopefully, after my antibiotics are done, the symptoms won't come back easily. Will update.

• Posted

Were do you get sea salt? The only real symptoms I've noticed is the itching I'm very raw so I can't use a lot of products because it makes it burn cuz I'm so cut up. I've had this for probably two months now and the antibiotics didn't work.

• Posted

Kath,

You can usually purchase sea salt in a grocey store in the spices aisle. Hope this helps. 

-Laura

• Posted

Thanks. I think it all started when I started using body wash. I'm going to the ob/gyn this week.

• Posted

Does anyone know how long this is ok to do? I've been doing a salt bath at night then a ACV tampon when I sleep all night about 5 days a week because every time my bf and I have sex I get it right back...

• Posted

I noticed that everytime my husband and I had sex, I would get it back also. But....my Dr. and everything I've been able to read says the male can't pass this infection on to the female. I'm convinced that they can!

Anyone else out there have that experience too?

• Posted

Yes an it drives me crazy an i try an make him use protection but they always bust on us im gonna try the sea salt bath an tampon for awhile good luck

• Posted

Did you leave the tampon in the pastic while it soaked? Was the sea salt non-iodized?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.