vertigo

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with vertigo has anyone else got this along with fibro n what can I do to help it any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Gentle hugs xxxx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry Debbie, I don't have it (other than general clumsiness and off balance moments) but my daughter sometimes suffers with it. She finds that an amethyst stone under her pillow helps, she also rubs it gently on her forehead when she lays down. Hope this is of some use.

Hugs, Boqer

• Posted

Thank u boqer I will try that thank u up until the past few days I only had the normal dizziness tox

Thank u xx

• Posted

I've had vertigo my whole life...I don't know if it is fibro related...but maybe it just happens sometimes to people who have fibro....I am diagnosed with fibro as well.

Dramamine helps.

• Posted

Thanks misssy first time I have had it the gp put me on meds so hopefully they work but I have a high intolerance to meds so just keeping fingers crossed

Gentle hugs xx

• Posted

Hi debbie..these drugs are not "tolerance" based.  The drugs for vertigo...work on your BRAIN....they should change the chemistry of your brain while on them and the vertigo should disappear.

They are not drugs....like anxiety meds...that you take and build a tolerance...they have a direct relation to targeting a part of your brain that is making you dizzy.

• Posted

Hi Debbie. I get vertigo quite a lot, and I have constant tinnitus as well. I have had medication prescribed for the vertigo, but to be honest. On really bad days I just take it very easy! 

I have had Fibro I think for a long time, but it was only diagnosed properly in July, vertigo is part of my life forever too, not sure if they go hand in hand, they do in my case! 

Gentle hugs X 

• Posted

Hi PilipalaB4ch I was told by a doctor  that one of the things that makes tinnitus worse is tight muscles in the neck. Not sure if that is a problem for you? In my case I have both and I try to do gentle exercises each day.

• Posted

Don't know if they go hand n hand but hope not as this is horrible will just have to wait n c hope u feel better soon n not having too bad a time thanks for your reply x

Gentle hugs xx

• Posted

Hi Meg that makes so much sense, I have huge problems with tight muscles in my neck. I wil try gentle stretching exercises, I have just read an article on how stretching is good for Fibro, and I am going to give it a go. It might a

so relieve some of my headaches too. Thank you for the advice Meg. Gentle hugs. X

• Posted

Your most welcome, hope it helps. Therapeutic massage is a good option too, though tell them to go gentley and softly softly as we are fragile and delicate creatures. Best of luck.x
    • Posted

I used to have a weekly massage on my neck and shoulders, but had to stop because it was sore and very painful! Might try again, and ask for a gentle one this time, although I used to like a firm massage......guess that's not on any more! Thanks again. X
  • Posted

Hiya Debbie, I've had vertigo 24/7 for well over 10 years now...I have learned to live with it...there is no medication that I can take that will help...they only have meds for attacks of vertigo..(tried) .I have Fibro and  Sorjrens   Syndrone too which is what they think has caused this..the Nuerologist tested me and said you have some tluid in your left ear that has crystal used and I will correct itself...still the same nearly 12 years down the track...of course I was worried I had a brain tumour of something of  the like but all the tests I had disproved that ..thank God...its just a terrible horrid issue to deal with...I have such a caring helpful husband whom without I just couldn't function at all...and of course a walking stick and a 3 wheeled walker with a basket and a four wheeled one with a seat and a basket....I really hope your's is only an attack for a little while...it took me a few years to adjust to a new life if dizzyness/inbalance, no stairs, everywhere flat no down hill ok on the up...every time I turned my head-grrrr, but you do adjust to it..anyone would if it's your lot..you just get on with it...whinging and pity parties  would have done absolutely nothing at all for me except .of course waste my time...hope this helps Debbie..bearing in mnd that mine, they say is due to Sjorens Syndrome which can have many of the same symptoms as Fibro..but it can dry out your organs..(mouth, eyes)- I have drops and mouth moisturiser for)  and  yes your ears too, be blessed and have a lovely day..:-) xxx..  Worth  looking up  Sjorens Sydrome on here it's quite interesting, it's just another autoimmune condition which I'm sure some of us Fibro-ites have too..
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment Christina sounds like you have it quiet bad hopefully mine is just an episode as it is not nice I suppose you do adjust to living with it like we all have to with fibro I will look up sjorenes syndrome thank u

Gentle hugs x

• Posted

Morning Debbie; Yes, I too suffer from vertigo, and have only had same since the onset of Fibro; but do find it is getting worse, as the years roll on.....I really felt it last week when going in elevators at hospital,(after getting out my head would be spinning and feeling as if the floor was coming up at me.....needed to hang onto railings).............so yes, do feel it is connected to Fibro...........Bron

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.