Very large abnormal hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a large abnormal hernia I have had it nearly 11years and I am being told to loss two stone in weight before they op and till I loss the wait I can't loss the weight has the hernia is rubbing on my leg and causing ulcers on my belly which are getting infected all the time i am suffering from depression cause of the this I will not go out cause one side of me looks like I have basket ball size on the right side of me I had ct scan which find that part of my bowel has attached to the hernia and I am in constant pain with it every day and am I just being fob off cause it's a very big op he said but yet I know bigger people have had the op done there size I know I am over weight but I am only weight at 93kg but yet I am still told to loss 2 stone

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Katrina,

I am in the same situation, my hernia is on both sides and I look like I swallowed a beach ball. I am just stick arms and legs coming out of this huge center ball, They want me to lose weight , too. But as I can hardly walk - this is not possible. Most surgeons say the operation to fix it is too risky. Has anyone had a giant hernia repaired? I'm in the US

• Posted

That's what they keep telling me it's too risky cause it's a big op I have trouble walking too so I don't think I am going to lose 2 stone and I am in constant pain all the time it's just getting to a point that it's getting me down all my friends and family telling me to go to the local paper to tell my story cause there is a few people I know which are bigger then me that have had the repair done
  • Posted

I also carried a baby when I had this hernia she was born by c-section at 32weeks cause it was crushing her yet they cut me open but still did not do the repair and I weighted more with the baby inside me but she is 3 now and still can't do the repair
  • Posted

You can lose the weight! It is dangerous for them to operate with the added  weight and a good outcome can't happen . What is worse is what can happen now if you don't make an important choice. The choice is what you eat. Throw out foods you shouldn't have and make the choice today. Your life depends on your choices.i have had the operation and my life has been made 100% better.
    • Posted

Judy,

Was your hernia considered a giant hernia with loss of domain? In the last three days I have eaten two cups of snap peas and a beet salad with an egg. That's a three day total. If you can't move around - how do you lose weight?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.