Very Rapid Heart Rate.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I have not posted for a while but intended to post yesterday to let you know that Sunday would be 4 weeks at 7.5 for me having reduced from 15mg and 30 before that.

I started with mirtazapine end of January.

Any way I was going to say that I was fine and no wd symptoms.

Out of the blue at 7.30pm on Friday July 10 it hit me with a bang!

My BP was very high and heart rate 145!

To cut a long story each day has got worse.

I am in pain all over my body. Can not eat,feeling beyond exhaustion,

Very irratable,teary, insomnia and this very high pulse and BP.

I feel so bad that a few times today I decided I would go back to 15mg which would be a daft thing to do as these weeks will be wasted and I have to come off eventually.

When I tapered to 15mg from 30mg I was fine for 2 weeks and then they kicked in quite badly but I stuck with it and when things improved I tapered to 7.5mg.

My question is, do you think I should stick with this dose and hope things will improve or shall I try missing 1 day a week or taper down to 3.5mg?

My GP says there are no wd effects!   sigh!

I can honestly say that this is one of the worst 'ill feeling'days I have ever experienced and I have had some really bad times over the years.

MY OH has a heart condition and cancer and I hate to see him so worried.

I started on this drug for anxiety and the only benefit was that I sleep better!

I know that so many on here have far greater suffering and my heart goes out to you.

It has taken me a very long time to type this and I'm sure there will be mistakes.

It is so good to come here where others understand.

Thank you so much and I send love and best wishes to you all.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi Sunbird8, I am also on 7.5mg myself and finding it difficult to come off this too, with increased anxiety. I think these withdrawals are quite normal for this drug. I am in a support group on facebook which I find very useful. I will tell the admin there about you as they also use this website, thats how I found out about the group. I will mention them to you, your screen name etc and maybe they can send you a request to join.
  • Posted

I think all ssri snri e.t.c have side effects when decreasing. It effects people differently. I currently take 30 mg mirtzapiene and propranolol.

You could ask your doctor for a prescription for the propranolol. Their are a beta blockers and will slow your heart rate back to normaL and they help with the physical side of anxiety to.

Best wishes Rich

• Posted

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply.

I take Atenolol but due to my present situation it has been doubled so hopefully will help.

I hope you are having a good day.

Sunbird

• Posted

Hi sun

We have a Mirt WD group on Facebook if you'd like to join us let me know

We are all in the same boat and it's sure helped me

Pm me for more info

Hugs

• Posted

Hi Rose,

Many thanks for invite,sounds good.

Unfortunately I do not have a Facebook account.

I hope you and all members are having a better day,

xx

• Posted

Hey

Hope you are feeling better and it's a quick WD!

Lots oh hugs ❤️

• Posted

Hi Rose,

Thank you,you are very kind.

Dreadful day yesterday!

Last night I decided to not take the 7.5mg Mirt as I find mornings are the worst and evening slightly better!

I was very worried as I thought I may not get any sleep at all .

Any way I had a better sleep than I have had for a long time.

I realise that the horrible effects of WD are always changing and no two days are the same.

How ever I am going to miss tonights dose too and see how it goes!

My mantra is 'This too will pass!'

We are all on a journey where even the smallest  positive relief feels wonderful even when it does not last for long.

It is wonderful that you have started the Facebook group which will be of benefit to many who are suffering from Mirtazapine WD.

Hope you are having a good day Rose.

xxx

• Posted

Thank you Sun !

This will pass ... Yes I like that mantra.

Some days are good some are not so good but on those days it's just 24 hours. Seems like 25!

I've been searching for ways to help keep it positive

Meditation is s a good one for me

Some nice ones on YouTube

Wishing you a very good peaceful sleep.

I'm back to a full night now. Gratefully!

I'm sure you will be just fine !

Hugs ❤️

• Posted

Hi again,

Well just over 2 weeks since I stopped 7.5 mirt!

It has been hell and inspite of the high dose of beta blockers from GP my heart rate has gone back up again.

Today has been my worst day. Pain every where,very cold then too hot,bad anxiety and feeling sick all day.

Really exhausted as can not sleep.

Any way I am sorry to say that about 30 mins ago I took 7.5 mirt!

This seems really daft as I now feel that I have 'wasted' all these days of torment!

I am going to bed now and hope to have some sleep at last.

I never thought I would take mirt again and feel as though I have let my self down.

How ever tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I can start to taper again.

So sorry for all those who are suffering yet bravely carry on ,may you soon feel much better.

xx

• Posted

Well taking the 7.5 mirtazapine was definately not a good move as even though I got a bit of sleep yesterday was one of the worst days!

I shall definately not take any more and I hope I have not set myself back by taking this small dose after 2 weeks with out mirt.

I feel so weak and weight dropping off so I'm under weight now!

Today is another day and I shall keep drinking lots of water and try to remember ...this too will pass.

Best wishes to all.

Sunbird xx

• Posted

Well it did indeed pass!

So hard to think positively when feeling so low but it doe help.

Feeling much better for past 2 days.

Lots of anxiety but most of the other stuff improving.

I realise that lots of us have good days which can be followed by bad days so I know I probably have some way to go yet.

Best wishes to all.

Sunbird x

• Posted

WOW Sunbird, you have been through such anguish coming off Mirt' - did you ever see the CITA Protocol method of withdrawal?  I can't remember if I mentioned it to you before???

It looks like you're droppping 50% each time, now gone from 7.5mg to zero is it?  

That is a VERY FAST taper.

If you fancy making a facebook account you'll be welcome to join us, it's so very helpful, you'll recognise quite a few names from this forum.  

Sending hugs your way, I hope the anx' decreases and you get some relief from the suffering soon.

C xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.