Vitamin B12

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone really benefitted by vitamin b12?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, in 2007 I was diagnosed with B12 deficiency and began receiving B12 injections which continued until 2020 the first year of the Covid pandemic in the UK.

Throughout that time a couple of weeks before the 3 monthly injections were due I would go downhill physically and mentally with a recurrence of the original symptoms. In 2020 my GP phoned me and asked me to take part in a research study seeing if people really needed to take it. I agreed since the GP said I would be able to restart the injections should I need to. I am not well now and yet my GP says that since my B12 levels are within the normal range my injections will not be restarted and I should buy over the counter remedies. It has been shown that those do not work and that people who do not absorb B12 efficiently will show normal levels. So yes, B12 does have an effect and I do not know how to speak to my GP now to make them take me seriously.

• Posted

hi, i had my last dosing jab on 19th April and require one every 3 months thereafter. Just had my first 3 month 'top up' on 19th July. Still have a feeling of weak legs, although i can walk fine. Strange sensation in the hands too, difficult to describe. Have i benefited ? I'm not sure as i dont know how long these things take to get right. I appreciate that B12 affects the nervous system and nerves are a funny thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.