Vitamin E. Oil Capsules

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi everyone, I got my capsules this afternoon so watch this space. I'm just a bit worried that it will be sore pushing one up inside me, though having said that, it won't go up as far as the Vagifem tablet of course. I'm am hoping that I will feel better after several days. :-)

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Shirley

Please let me know how you get on. Still a little worried what happens to the outer coating as when swallowing the stomach acid would break this down . Not sure  how this will disolve iniside the vagina.

Will await your comments and then off to Boots for me.

Thanks

Sandra 

• Posted

Hi Sandra, I must admit I am a bit worried about this too if I'm honest. Maybe Gwen will see our posts about it and comment. I am due at docs a week tomorrow too and I wouldn't want her to see bits of capsules up inside me!! So for the moment I have just used my first capsule on the outside. Not doing good today. So sore and uncomfortable with it I could cry buckets sad Will keep you posted. Shirley
    • Posted

HI Shirley,   I live in .France and was prescribed capsules about 18 months ago.   I was told to use them about twice a week but, I have learned over time that I have to use my own judgement.   Everything does dissolve inside, I use them at night, but they are very messy so extra underwear beneath your nightwear is advisable.  They have worked for me although I have to us a special cream on my boobs, from time to time, due to the use of these hormone capsules.   The other problem is that I do also get cystitis occasionally, apparently linked with this treatment.   All in all. Though, the capsules have worked for me and do control the VA.   good luck.
    • Posted

Hello Joan,

I'm at my wit's end with burning inside and out, so am desperate to try anything. Have just started vagifem (day 4) and the burning actually seems to be worse. Are the vit E capsules just the regular ones that other people take orally ? Or is it a special vit E capsule that is inserted vaginally?

Thanks for your help

• Posted

I buy the vitamin e for women and insert with fingers and break the coating and squeeze capsule.I was told to use vagifem 5 times a week as the dose is so low.The feelings of atrophy come and go.Had posterior prolapse repair in September but getting fed up wiith anterior symptons but I am only stage 1 so will not operate.
    • Posted

It's a coincidence that you say the feelings of atrophy come and go Janet because I was really sore with Vaginal Atrophy for long enough. Had all the symptoms and soreness. Was on and off Vagifem, Estriol etc. Mostly none of it helped . So in the end I stopped the HRT cream a couple of months ago and things have actually been a lot better. Not complaining but I don't understand either as the Doc said I would probably be on HRT permanently because my Estrogen levels would never get back to normal. Was in a lot of pain with the atrophy too, even thought it wasn't atrophy at one point. Wondered if it was Interstitial Cystitis. It just makes me wonder if my problem wasn't vaginal Atrophy after all.

• Posted

How are you getting on with the vitamin e capsules? And where do you buy them? I'm 14 weeks post repair op and scar tissue pain very sore. Vagifem made it much worse. Am wondering now if I may have prolapsed again. Burning pain is so bad. 

• Posted

I do hope it works for you Shirley.  I found it took about 5 days before I started to feel the benefit.  I still have a slight stinging sensation just after passing urine but it settles down after about 10 minutes.  I insert a capsule once a day and then smear the Vitamin E oil from a pierced capsule around my vaginal opening every time I use the loo.  Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi Gwen, Thanks for tonights replies to my message. I have now smeared a couple of capsules worth of oil round the opening of my vagina tonight. And now you have told me about the shell of the capsules, I will insert one in the morning. God knows I've got enough on with my recent hip replacement and bad hip, without this on top. I, like everyone on here, am desperate for relief. So I will see how things are by next Monday/Tuesday. Many thanks again. Shirley
  • Posted

Just spotted your concern and Sandra's about the outer coating of the capsule and whether or not it dissolves inside the Vagina.  I have been assured by my Pharmacist that it will.    I certainly haven't had any evidence since I started inserting them that they don't dissolve.
  • Posted

This is an extract from a Health website I have been looking at:

How to Use Vitamin E Oil in the Vaginal Area

Vitamin E oil can be used to lubricate the vagina. Vaginal dryness is the inability of the vagina to moisturize itself. This can cause pain during sexual intercourse and general discomfort while walking and performing other physical activity. It can be caused by menopause, use of birth control pills or recent child birth. Vitamin E capsules contain vitamin E oil which can be used to moisturize the vagina, which relieves symptoms of vaginal dryness.

Step 1

Examine a vitamin E capsule to ensure there are no scratches. If there are scratches on the capsule, it might be a cause irritation in your vagina.

Step 2

Insert the capsule into your vagina while lying down or standing with one leg elevated. Slowly push the capsule into your vaginal opening. Your vagina will effectively absorb the casing of the capsule, releasing the oil slowly over time.

Step 3

Pierce one vitamin E capsule with a safety pin, allowing the oil to leak from the hole.

Step 4

Collect some of the oil from the capsule on your hands and fingers.

Rub the oil on the outside of your vaginal wall to lubricate your labia.

Warnings

Because vitamin E is an oil, it may cause condoms to break down during sexual intercourse.

• Posted

Brilliant Gwen :-) Thank you for posting that. I wonder if it would help to pierce a capsule before it goes into the vagina too? Anyway I will be inserting one capsule into my vagina when I get up in the morning. I've just put a Vagifem up there not long ago. Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated. Shirley
    • Posted

Hi Shirley just read this about using vit E  capsules, wonder if this would help me as i had to stop using the vagifem due to starting to bleed again.

Im wondering though if you are already using the vagifem why you feel the need to use the vit E as well.

Sue

• Posted

Hi Sue, Sorry to hear about your problems and having to stop using Vagifem.

As for using Vit E as well, if I'm honest, the Vagifem haven't really helped me. I started using GINEST cream but on a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being useless and 10 being great, I would say the GINEST was about 1 on that scale. Vagifem rates at about 3 on the scale, so only slightly better.

Interestingly, I used the Vit E for the first time last night, and I feel some improvement all ready. I don't know if that's just coincidence or what as I do have the odd day when the atrophy isn't as bad. But 9 days out of 10, its awful. Had it since about July last year. I am really hoping against hope that the Vit E will help as this has really got me down.

So yes they may help you too Sue. Fingers crossed they help us both, and anyone else who uses them. :-)

• Posted

Hi Shirley can i ask a personal question if you dont mind but can you let me kniw if the vitamin E helps with the marital side of things if you get my meaning" redface

Sue

• Posted

Hi Susan, I would gladly answer that if I could be I can't as me and hubby haven't slept together for about 10 years!
    • Posted

Hi Shirley,

I stopped using Vagifem as I felt they aggrivated the AV every time I used them.  I now use Ovestin cream twice a week instead along with the Vitamin E capsules. 

• Posted

Hi Susan

Try using Silk lubricant for marital side of things.  You can order it from Amazon on internet.  It is a lot 'finer' than the Vitamin E oil.

• Posted

Hi Gwen, Thanks for your message. I've not heard of Ovestin cream. Perhaps that would be a better option for me too, along with the Vitamin E oil. Have to see the Doc a week today anyway. So by then I should know if the capsules are helping me or not and I could mention the Ovestin to my doc and see what she says. :-)
    • Posted

Hi Shirley i dont believe this you replied to my question and it says 3 yrs ago?  Ive only just seen it lol, anything changed or improved at all?

Sue x

• Posted

Gwen thanks for the tip, only just seen your reply as well, either this or im developing demantia as too!

Sue x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.