Vitamin E. Oil Capsules

Posted , 21 users are following.

Hi everyone, I got my capsules this afternoon so watch this space. I'm just a bit worried that it will be sore pushing one up inside me, though having said that, it won't go up as far as the Vagifem tablet of course. I'm am hoping that I will feel better after several days. :-)

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Really interested to hear how you ladies go on this, it would be great to have a natural alternative. I agree about the gynest, I only survive by using it every other day. The GP says use it once a week but that simply is not enough.
    • Posted

Yes it needs a natural alternative doesn't it deb. GYNEST did nothing for me and Vagifem tablets haven't been much better so when Gwen suggested Vit E oil, I thought anything was worth a try. So far so good. Been using it since last Wednesday night. Its doing a lot more good than the other things. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Yes its doing better than what the prescriptions did. This atrophy has driven me crazy since about July last year. Never dreamt that day I first realised I was sore last year that I still would be the same almost a year later!
    • Posted

Hi Deb

I use Ovestin cream and like you have to use it every day but since starting the Vit. E capsules I am now only using it every 3 days. Hope you get some relief too from the Vit. E.

• Posted

Thanks Gwen, I'm definately going to get some if it can help me reduce my gynest cream, I do worry about the possible long tem side effects.
  • Posted

LDid the capsules make any difference

Going to get some tomorrow

I was not sore all the time untill last 6/8 weeks it's

driving me mad it hurts to wee as well.

I'm waiting to see gynea cons not sure

If they have.aMagic cure.

It's so depressing you can't actually tell

People what's wrong

• Posted

Hi Rosemary, It is depressing isn't it. Very difficult to tell people what's wrong. Its been driving me mad too. Though it doesn't hurt to wee. I feel like I want to we when I have just been though. That's irritating to say the least. Some days are a bit better though and thankfully today's not been as bad. As for the Vit E, Yes its definitely helped me. Been on it since last Wednesday night now.
  • Posted

Hi Shirley,

I've been reading your post about using vitamin e capsules as an answer to the awful vaginal discomfort which goes with the menopause.

I've had an awful burning inside for several weeks, my GP prescribed Vagifem but I won't use them as my mum had breast cancer so I'm scared to use them, I also much prefer a natural option.

Did you find the vitamin e successful in relieving your discomfort? I'm at my wits end with it, it's making me feel very down now.

How often did you insert a capsule?

Thanks,

Gill

• Posted

Hi, My homeopathic doctor tells me the correct way to lubricate with Vitamin E capsules is to 'pierce' the capsule with a pin and squirt contents internally.   

Having checked a few sites about this many suggest 'piercing' the capsule too.

None suggest inserting the capsule whole.    I think it may irritate linings more.  

Hope this helps. 

• Posted

.....and yes, they are the same normal  Vitamin E capsules or oil you can buy in chemist and health stores.  

From what i read, Vit E, being pure and a natural product, supercedes all  Vagifem and other pharmaceutical based products which have been known to irritate linings more.  

Only one capsule a day was suggested for me.

Vitamin E comes in different strengths from 200iu, 400iu, 1000iu.    Even the lowest would help. i use 400iu.    

Purest form is  Vitamin E with   D-alpha Tocopherols and Mixed Tocopherols.  More absorbability.

Foods you can eat daily which gives a good dose of Vit E  are Almonds (almond milk) and Sunflower kernals.   

• Posted

Hi Eileen,

I've been doing some research on using vitamin E. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any side effects such as: nausea, headaches, blurred vision or a mild rash. Frankly I can't see why there would be side effects. I take it orally, 400 iu daily without a problem. I'm 59 and was diagnosed 2 years ago with VA. Would love to find a better alternative than what my Gnyo prescribed, I should add I never filled the script. Side effects are scary. She told me the effects would be mild but there was still a chance I could get cervical cancer. Two years ago I had a LEEP procedure because it was believed I had cervical cancer and would need this procedure for testing. Test was negative, but after that I was having major dryness and discomfort. I have a sensitivity to many ingredients in other products so was thinking Vit. E might be my answer. Are the suppositories different than the capsules that are taken orally? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.