Weakness after Vaccine

Posted , 29 users are following.

anyone else experience significant weakness and fatigue for weeks after your vaccine?

i am on first shot of moderna and started losing strength 2 days post shot and it has never improved. I'm due for 2nd dose next well and concerned.

i have not found any information that side effects last more thana few days and I’m at weeks now. normal activities are difficult and so far never the vaccine clinic or primary care has offered any suggestions.

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

did you get the second dose yet? If I felt that week I don’t think I would get it. If you didn’t feel OK, that’s great. Hope you’re doing all right.

• Posted

I meant to say if you got the shot and feel OK, that’s great.

• Posted

I thought I was the only one with this exact reaction. Can't find anyone else with it, so I'm glad you posted. After the FIRST Moderna dose I got the SECOND dose reaction of three days of flu-like symptoms. I wasn't concerned and all the symptoms went away except the fatigue, which got progressively worse. It was exactly like the fatigue in the days right after childbirth. It took 10 days to resolve, and I also had this huge metabolic boost that whole time, as if my body were running a marathon but I was just lying on the couch. Felt like I couldn't eat enough calories to keep up. Now I'm completely back to normal, but my doctor advised me not to get the second dose and to get an antibody test in case I had asymptomatic Covid. Even if I did though, people I know who had Covid didn't react this badly to the first dose. I'm a very active 59 year old, small-frame female, in case that has anything to do with it. Anyone else had this reaction?

• Edited

Not sure if anyone is still reading this, but if so, check this out on lipid nanoparticles (LNPs): https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210315/Research-looks-at-inflammatory-nature-of-lipid-nanoparticle-component-in-mRNA-vaccines.aspx

Especially the part that says: The side effects observed with the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine’s first dose are likely associated with the LNPs’ inflammatory properties.

If I do get a second dose of anything, it'll be J and J, blood clots be damned.

• Edited

I am sooo glad i found this. I thought maybe it was anxiety. The day after I received my first moderna dose. I' m due to get my second shot may 23rd, but think i will skip out on it. My arms, legs, and hands feel really weak. They also feel like i have restless leg syndrome in my legs and arms like they have to move. Ive also been really tired lately. My legs and arms sometimes feel like inside tremors. I do notice anxiety makes it worse. Is anyone else symptoms better? how long did it take?

• Edited

I',ve had similar, scary symptoms with Pfizer, weakness, tingling legs or feet, tiredness, hot flushes, etc.. Did you get your second shot?

• Posted

Hi Brittany, I was wondering if your symptoms disappeared. I just got my second pfizer shot last wednesday and my legs feel so tired even if I haven't done much. In the summer I biked often and would not feel like this with my legs. Also it feels like my muscles twitch both legs and it is annoying. I hope it goes away soon. How are you doing?

• Posted

hello, this might be late but for months i have been having muscle weakness in my legs and arms and it appears to be getting worse. I rode an old fashioned peddle bike for thirteen miles a day for over a year but now legs are getting weaker and weaker I can't ride a mile. I got three Pfizer. I have asked my doctor about it I am very concerned

• Posted

hi, I might be a bit late to respond as I had my 1st Covid (Moderna) vaccination

on Aug 6. Approximately 72 hours after receiving my 1st dose, I experienced

and AM STILL EXPERIENCING significant leg and muscle weakness - enough

to make walking extremely difficult. I am also experiencing loss of balance and

almost 'drunk like' staggering for several seconds afterward. Ok, I'm older, 67,

but have never had any severe muscle weakness that (I believe) is more than just

coincidental with this Moderna vaccination. I will call the health provider (and my

physican) now to discuss this before even considering a second shot.

Thnx

• Posted

did you ever get a reply from your doctor? my leg muscles appear to be getting weaker

• Edited

I had my second Pfizer vaccination in late February and by late March I began having extreme fatigue and extreme weakness in my legs. It is now the end of August and still experiencing it.. with no answers. No one in the medical field seems recognize this.. anyone else out there experiencing this????

• Posted

hi jane. did ur symptoms improve? i have just had 2nd dose pfizer and feel awful xxx

• Posted

hi i had my second vaccine on 30 july about 2 weeks later i started getting slot of leg cramps and difficulty walking its now the middle of Novembef and although im having kess leg spasms im still struggling to be aboe to walk without difficulty rest helps but any exertion and im back to square one i am getting worried how long it is lasting has your leg pains resolved

• Posted

I'm right there with you. I am high risk, and have now received all three doses of Pfizer. Still searching for answers on why my legs are not working like they did before. I cannot stand for longer than 15 minutes. Legs feel very heavy, and feet are numb. Very disappointed with what appears to be side effect of mRNA vaccine.

• Posted

We got our first shot Apr 9 of 2021, 2nd Apr 30, the booster in the fall. I didn't think about it at all, because I'd had laser vein surgery, but my legs are so weak I can hardly walk. I have to use a walker if I'm going to be walking very far. I assumed it had something to do with the vein surgery in 2020. Now I'm wondering if it's side effect of those shots! I can't stand long enough to cook or anything. No one seems to be able to tell me what's wrong! I hate it. I'll be 72 in Aug but I have always done what I wanted when I wanted and now I'm stopped in my tracks!

• Posted

this sounds like my husband! He can hardly walk and can't get himself up off the couch or chair! He's 64 and we've seen a othopedic dr and a neurogist, they can't figure it out. They are sending us to iowa City hospitals to get a muscle evaluation! I truly believe it's the vaccine! We shall see! He had his shots in April and May of 2021. Moderna

• Posted

I have been searching to find people who are experiencing weakness post Covid vaccine (Moderna Feb. 2021) and I found this page and your post about your husband,. I amd 61 year old woman and have been struggling with weakness that seems to be worsening, has your husband's condition improved?? Prayers for you both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.