Week 7 of fluoxetine! Will i feel better!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Today i start week 7 of 40mg fluoxetine, I can say i do feel better, as im going places now, trying to live my life as normal, but i get days where i still sometimes feel weird. I start getting nervous, cant breath, and im not even doing anything. For those who have succedded , do we go back to being ourselves? not worrying, not constatantly thinking about these symptoms were having....I need words of encouragement. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi jesika I was on fluoxetine for over three years and it worked very good for me made me very active my interest in things were wonderful but there were times I felt weird like panicky anxiety weird feelings but it only happens once n awhile I can honestly say it took about two months to get full effect and the side effects went away my advice to you is to stick with it it's worth it it will make you feel better the longer your on it I beleive so I my self is back on it again week two now and it's already helping I hope this was helpful ??

• Posted

yeah overall I do feel better, but for the past 3 days ive been getting this i cant breath feeling, and if i focus on it , i start to panic.....i keep telling myself it's just anxiety.....and praying for better days...

• Posted

I husband is making me go to the hospital because I had such a bad anxiety attack earliersad

• Posted

Hi Jesus, how are you feeling now? I'm 2.5 weeks into my increase of fluoxetine and I feel dreadful! I wondered how long it took for you to feel improvements? I'm not sure if 40mg is too much for me!

• Posted

I'm into week 8 now on 40mg.....I would say week 5...I still don't feel 100 %..anxiety is still there...but I'm learning how to cope with it and I don't let it scare me anymore......I've accepted it won't kill me so I'm fine...

• Posted

week 8 , still feeling the same, neck tension is horrible, and numb overall feeling in head, which is creepy!!! mild anxiety creeping up, as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.