what is a normal psa for 20s and 30s? just found out low level t at 24 yrs old

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 24yrs old just found out I have low t.... my testOsterone levels at 427ng almost falling to 300ng and if it hits 300 or lower I'm f#^ked ... my doc told me i have hypogonadism....I do shoot blanks.... I still do get boners but I used to have a boner after I bust a load.... I kinda feel that my have a prostatitis issue coming along due to a restriction flow I have possible And bEen sexually active.....my psa is at 1.0ng. Is this normal? 4.0ng is when a person should be concerned. I remember when I got a prostatitis infection it went up to a 1.2- 1.4 1.8... Plus my prostate feels a little weird right now.... not sure if it a infection but will slam my self with antibiotics before it get worse after I get my possible urine restriction cleared out a the way this hydrocele surgery and possible urethra surgery if it's narrow...so is a psa1.0ng for prostate kinda high my age? Oh also keep in mind I got my uretha and prostate torchered when the doc tried shoving a catheter in... he stop cause it was kinda hard for him and said I can have a posibble stricture I just bit down my lip in the process...i have high pain tolarance... then that same day I got a Psa done right after Which came to 1.0ng... don't know why my prostate feels a little weird probably cause my horomones of hypogonadism or a possible infection coming up....any opionions?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The normal PSA for a man 40 and 49 is 1.9 so I think your good with that.  I had the sam thing happen to me in the hospital last year  They tryed to catheter me AND COULD NOT GET IT IN.  Hurt's don't it.  I have a stricture just before the prostate.  It is from kindey surgery.  Were you ever hit in the groin or fell off a bike.  Any accident in the groin area with cause a stricture.  Please just don't let them cut your prostate that will cause you more problems.  And at your age you don't not that kind...Ken    
  • Posted

I have been having pain in my scrotum, head of penis for about 4 months now. 1 Uro said prostatitis and I took 9 days of doxy and 7 of Bactrim but stopped when my tendons started hurting. My new Uro said he doesn't think prostatitis and had me do a a Psa test. I am 42 and it was .3! How is that even possible? He said a low Psa rules out prostatitis so I don't know what is going on. I am going back to see him soon.
    • Posted

Your ok I would finish the antibiotics dox and bactrim and push through even if your tendons hurt cause if you dont the infection will come twice as strong and will get harder to get rid off...psa is OK but what it looks like is a urine stricture that you have.....how is it when u pee? do u have to push or wait a while for it to come... back flow urine cause infections to prostate and balls....so ask for a cystscope it will help...you might pee blood for a few days, but your urine flow will feel better...I got it done there times in my life and I'm only 24.... does not damage nor cause ed.... only hormone do which I am battling right now cause of low t and high estrogen and a low tsh and I beat epididymitis which most men struggle , but u have to out weigh what is more important you feeling like crap, cause taking antibiotics ...or your balls and prostate hurting and never being cured cause of infection.... don't give up fight it....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.