What is classified as a "mild" case of LS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm 48 and just had a biopsy today to confirm LS. Results in two weeks. The treating Gyn said it looks like a mild case. although she was nice and considerate, I did feel rushed and when describing my symptoms she assured me it was most likely LS. And would be treating me with steroid.

i imagine she will tell me more in two weeks, but I'm wondering what is considered a mild case?

i don't really get itching or burning, but sex is very painful, so that's off the table at the mo.

is it normal to have LS but not experience itching or stinging?

My issues starts about 3 years ago after going through chemo induced menopause. Mainly vaginal dryness and I was diagnosed with vaginal atrophy. That led to irritation and infamation. 

I had 3 mona Lisa touch treatments and that fixed the vaginal atrophy but I didn't know I had LS. So still pain with sex and because I stopped using oestrogen cream, my VJJ quickly started to shrink. I'm going to watch the webinar about it tonight with my hubby, who by the way has been so understanding and patient.

thanks for this forum it's saved me a lot of worries and tears.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So even with the mona lisa still have to have hormones huh?is that indefinitely.I like you have ben told i have a so called mild case by one doc,another said i dont..guess i need a biopsy or third opinion.just wish these doctors new what they are doing.I honestly dont know if my symptoms are all from the atrophy or also from the so called mild case of LS.at present i barely have any itch.all ive used is a hydrocortisone cream 1 percent over the counter and some a and d ointment.I do get some burning and irritation.keep us posted.
    • Posted

I think if I want my vagina to be nice n plump n soft again I'll have to start with the oestrogen. I wondered if stopping the hormone caused the shrinkage I'm experiencing or if that's the LS. 

Its true, even the female Gyn I saw yesterday didn't talk much about LS or the condition I'm in. Just did a biopsy and said come back in two weeks. 

Im just freaking out about it turning into cancer.......I already have non-hodgkins lymphoma follicular which is in remission ( but like LS is incurable too) 

• Posted

I dont know about you,but i wish i had a bionic body..always something to worry about.I worry about all this too and unfortunately the symptoms dont let a person forget it.I am on an anxiety med..i have a bad back etc.I just finally gave in and asked for an increase in my meds.i havnt gotton much done lately and it helps me deal with all this.
    • Posted

Yes it seems the older we get the more health problems we get. That just sucks! I'm on anxiety Meds too otherwise I'd be curled up in the fetal position 24/7. I try and take one day at a time and if that's too hard then one hour at a time. I wish I was brave enough to talk openly to people about this rotten disease. 
    • Posted

I tell just about everyone..they dont understand and frankly seems like they dont care to hear about it.Even my closest friends dont understand.
  • Posted

I'm in the same boat. Itching and stinging only when I'm having a flare-up, which is not often, and I've had LS for ten years now. I can't comment on the subject of sex because I'm not in that kind of relationship at the moment and I'm 66 amd not missing it that much! It's got to be tough at your age and I'm glad to hear you've got an understanding husband. That's a bonus!!  smile

• Posted

Hi Andrea, 10 years!!! How do you monitor it for cancer? Seeing as we have a 3-5% higher risk of developing it. My husband is amazing. He is so patient. A real gem. 

So do you use the clob regularly?

• Posted

My gyne sees me every 6 months, so if cancer shows up, she'll be on it. I've been using mometosone ointment (cortisone .1%) twice a week.
    • Posted

No. I only had the one biopsy and that was at the beginning when the whole area was red and nasty-looking. It's been pretty much under control since then. I've been lucky so far, touch wood!
    • Posted

Do you have any of the classic white areas or is it just red?
    • Posted

I have a white streak more towards my vagina and running parallel to the vaginal opening on one side. It appears to be getting thicker and requires cortisone to keep it from spreading.

I've been instructed to use the cortisone over the whole vulva, but that induces side effects like small raw spots which get worse with more cortisone. When I've had those, I've learned to avoid them with the cortisone and that gives them a chance to heal.

Now I'm starting to use testosterone on the non-white areas. I recently had a flare threatening on the 'normal' skin, and testosterone is working very well - doesn't aggravate the red spots - takes down any inflammation.

• Posted

I have a red spot,she said was probably from past irritation.not suspicious though.I was very irritated for a few months.also had some erosion areas which i think was from wearing tight pants and friction.
    • Posted

I am just so sick of this,costing a fortune with docs,still not sure..i do need a biopsy but new heath ins next year i am sure we will be getting a crappy high deductable plan..that will really help.might be going on hrt and thats expensive..ugh.my body will make ne broke.
    • Posted

I only wear skirts - no underwear lol - and only cotton slips. Once in a while I'll put on some baggy pants and some soft cotton underwear. 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear about your expenses. Yuck! I'm in Canada and it's not an issue here. That is tough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.