What is classified as a "mild" case of LS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm 48 and just had a biopsy today to confirm LS. Results in two weeks. The treating Gyn said it looks like a mild case. although she was nice and considerate, I did feel rushed and when describing my symptoms she assured me it was most likely LS. And would be treating me with steroid.

i imagine she will tell me more in two weeks, but I'm wondering what is considered a mild case?

i don't really get itching or burning, but sex is very painful, so that's off the table at the mo.

is it normal to have LS but not experience itching or stinging?

My issues starts about 3 years ago after going through chemo induced menopause. Mainly vaginal dryness and I was diagnosed with vaginal atrophy. That led to irritation and infamation. 

I had 3 mona Lisa touch treatments and that fixed the vaginal atrophy but I didn't know I had LS. So still pain with sex and because I stopped using oestrogen cream, my VJJ quickly started to shrink. I'm going to watch the webinar about it tonight with my hubby, who by the way has been so understanding and patient.

thanks for this forum it's saved me a lot of worries and tears.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Finding myself in the same exact position as you. Am 50, dealing with menopause and the last 6 months of shocking atrophy. I have shrunk to a non-penis accepting size. The shrinkage is all the way inside, not just the opening. Am using estogen pessaries and topical cream for the vulva. Also trying to stretch with dilators. Sigh! So horrible isn't it. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.