What the hells going on! Is my heart going to atop

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I've been suffering from palpitations and ectopic beats for a few months, I've had normal ecgs (didn't catch them) and I'm waiting for the results of a 6 say holter monitor.

But for the last 3 days I've had this strange feeling in my throat, like a flutter feeling but this happens without the topics.

My pulse today has been about 64-70 Bpm and it's usually about 74. Last blood pressure was 117/78.

What is this feeling I'm having? It's like a flutter/fullness/tingle? Kind of feeling, something I have to burp or cough to get rid of it

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know it is horrible. I feel like I been through so tests and everything is always normal. So many people I find have this ,so you are not alone. Do you take Magnesium ? I find that to be very helpful
    • Posted

Can I buy magnesium or does it have to be prescribed by my doctor

It does seem very common but it's so scary when it happens :-(

• Posted

This is horrible Iknow, I have suffered ectopic beats for years now. If the ECG is clear and your blood pressure and pulse is okay then do try and relax if you can as scary as it is.  I take magnesiumand that does help. Usual foods to avoid, chocolate, tea coffee and liquorice which has an ingredient in it that causes irregular heartbeat,this was told to me by my cardiologist.  But I get a feeling of being full land have to burp at times  which helps. 
    • Posted

My pulse is strange one min it will me 74bpm then 86 then 68 etc. All within the normal range but it changes? Is this something to worry about?

Like now I'm not having ectopic a but I'm having horrible flutters in my chest and throat

• Posted

I get this too, my flutter comes with a light headed ness and its when my heart rate has dipped to under 50. Ectopics have a silly range, they can go under 50 or up to 100 within a few minutes. Bizarre.  A lot of my problems began when I hit 30. Apparently I am peri menopausal. I take maca root which helps immensely 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.