What you know about “blips” ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I have been 10 months on 20mg fluoxetine.

Journey started with terrible side effects - nausea, lost of appetite and weight, night sweats, increased anxiety 1000000x , depression, blurry vision etc. Woke up with awful anxiety at 3-4am and it was shaking me to my core till 5-6pm. Than it felt like switch turned and i felt happy myself. And like that every day.

Than side effects passed only left with morning anxiety and flat feeling, no interest in life. Every month there were "blips" - uncontrolable fear, unexplained tears, sadness and fear that i wont recover. Those blips lasted 8-10 days and than back to awful morning anxiety and nice evenings.

Eventually i start to get few nice mornings and few days, but now my evenings are not that blissful as it was before.

10 days ago i got hit with next "blip" and was feeling sooo bad, start consider a dose increase.

Any advise or experience shearing would be very appreciated

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

hi

did you increase dose after? how long did it take you to feel happier and interested in life again before your blip? how are you now?

x

• Posted

hi Jo

i have i creased my dose 3 days ago.. still waiting .. waiting for side effects and better days

• Posted

hi!

have you noticed many side effects since upping the dose? hope you are feeling ok today x

• Edited

Hi Jo

so far so good, only 3 days on increase.

But i think its still too early for side effects to pop up.

will keep you updated

• Edited

hey!

fingers crossed you cruise through the increase - apart from affected sleep i didnt get any additional side affects increasing my dose from 20 to 30 x

• Posted

Hi Jo

i am 11 days on increase, no side effects, only sleeping problem as you said, waking up often and waking up very early.

i had 5 days road trip and felt amazing , but when get home got a bit anxious

How are you been doing .?

• Posted

sorry for jumping in im on day 12 increase to 40mg first week felt as if I was turning a corner then last 5 days side effects have been hell been on these over 7 weeks any info when the higher dose starts to work cheers

• Posted

Hi Rob

you are going through side effects that unfortunately comes with increase, feels like starting all over.

Just try to relax, and dont worry , it will pass , its just the way increase is balancing in your body.

You will be fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.