Which surgery & options did you have performed?

Posted , 8 users are following.

1. Open Heller Myotomy

2. Open Heller Myotomy+Fundoplication

3. Laproscopic Heller Myotomy

4. Laproscopic Heller Myotomy+Fundoplication

5. Per-Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)

6. Other

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had the POEM procedure on July 29th, this year.

I have had NO complications. I'm eating! I've actually gained 15 lbs of the 70 lbs lost. My doctor wants me to stop gaining now.

I have my life back!!!

• Posted

#4 for me. Still have spasams daily and it's been two years since surgery. Swallowing often has to be washed down with water but this is still better than before surgery where I couldn't have more than 2 sips of liquid at a time and no food at all.

It will never be normal again, just have to get used to the new normal.

• Posted

Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy - June 14th, 2016. How about you?
  • Posted

I don't see any charting options so this will have to do for now.

OHM   1. 1

OHMF 2. 

LHM    3. 

LHMF  4. 11

POEM  5. 11

Other   6. 

• Posted

Will be having #4 or possibly #2 [they don't know yet] on Nov. 3, 20216

• Posted

I hope they can do #4, shorter recovery and less pain.  Good luck and best wishes for a fast recovery.
    • Posted

Yes, I had #5 (poem) . My surgery was 3 months ago and doing really well. Had my follow up upper endoscopy and was told everything healed nicely and all the clips were gone. I don't have to see him again for a year, unless I have a problem. I'll take that !!.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.