Wish I can rewind back time ;(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Long story short went to get help two years ago, because I was feeling depressed, so I said that meds are last resort. My body is very sensitive to meds, had a bad reaction too risperidole, it worked for a while then stopped, so I got off of it it had altered me in the worst way, I could only sleep one hour a day, and had inner restlessness which is akathesia. I was only on the med for three months, I now blame myself for going too get help I feel all these feelings are permanat. I had too admit myself, and they put me on new meds, after three months it stopped working back too square one. All I do is cry. I don't laugh anymore, or smile, and I'm only 33 it seems no one knows what too do anymore.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can only live life as it is in the present, you can't go back to the past or forward to the future. So at the moment you need to stick with it and take whatever help is offered. There are many different drugs out there, you just haven't found the right one for you yet. Regrets for what has already happened are no use to you at the moment, you can't change the past. You need to be moving on with what you can do about it, with other therapies like counselling and CBT as well as the medication.
  • Posted

Around 10 years ago I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression. I had to try about 5 or 6 different medications before I was able to find one that worked for me. Like you, I'm very sensitive to medication and hate taking them. Most of them made me feel weird or made me sleep all the time. Zoloft was the only one that seemed to help. I dont know anything about Risperidole but in looking it up, it seems to be a pretty strong medication. Maybe it just wasn't the right choice for you. I would suggest trying something else as well as speaking with a therapist. The meds should help balance you out but there may be something else going on that they can help with.

I know what it's like to wish you could turn back time but unfortunately we can't. You have to look at the positives and keep pushing forward. Things will get better even though it may not seem like it right now. Best of luck and I hope things get better for you soon!

• Posted

Thank you so much, for your kind words. I just don't want to get up anymore all I do is cry, and blame myself for taking meds, to be honest what use to work before does not work anymore. Its like whatever worked before no longer works now. I don't get it now I just feel everything is permanat, and I won't go back too myself. Ugh all I can do is cry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.