Withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ive been on antidepressants around 27 years. I'm currently stopping mirtazipine originally was on 45 then cut down to 30 , 15 , 6 and now nothing.

This is not easy anxiety overwhelming inside and out , insomnia, agitation. No appetite can easily go without food . Leg muscle twitching and feel really tired.

I'm pushing myself thru this but really hard I'm not very nice at min and quite paranoid at times and agitated.

The anxiety is nearly constant and everything is triggering me.

I'm quite sure these drugs were making me worse I've become quite reclusive no confidence etc . I'm sure these meds have affected me in lots of strange ways.

I m looking for support to keep me going as I want my life back but this is quite scary and I often feel like giving up . I've had a tiny bit when desperate and it has helped.

I'm taking herbs and mushroom supplements anything natural.

I'll keep you updated it's hard to keep trying to be normal I feel quite frail at times.

On the positive my skin at times looks better in-between reducing, not today though lol

also I get dizzy . The Dr's shouldn't be putting people on these drugs they know the bad long term effects now too

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Betty I was on mirtazapine for sleep, 7.5mg at night. Helped me get over imsomnia from Tinnitus. But when I wanted to stop I found rebound insomnia a big problem. Strange, as my GP said that they were non addictive, really!? I tried several times to quit, including tapering, but failed. I have a friend who quit sleeping drugs so I consulted him on what he did. He said the main thing that helped him, more than anything, was controlling his blood glucose levels. This, along with positive thinking and relaxing on an evening( no phone or TV) enabled him to sleep eventually without pills. He gave me a book about blood glucose spikes as they are known and I started following it's recommendations. It was amazing! By the 4th night I was sleeping like a baby on 3.75 mg and after a few nights, to settle my nerves ,reduced again by half. I am off Mirt now for 2 weeks with minimal withdrawal symptoms. I suggest you give it a try. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.