Withdrawal ish symptoms?! | Day 13 on Fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm new 😃 Stoked to meet you all!

Was wondering if anyone has any idea if what I'm experiencing is normal. I was put on 20 mg for anxiety (including severe agoraphobia, developed it during covid). First week I eased myself into it with 10 mg; had worsened anxiety, 0 appetite, stomach issues, etc, which calmed by day 5. Week 2 (day 8) I increased to 20 mg. Stomach issues etc happened again, which I believe is normal. However... around day 10 I started feeling shaky, weird and weak around the time I should take my medication. It feels like withdrawals. Can't explain it any other way. It makes no sense to me? Fluoxetine is supposed to have such a long halflife so what's going on?

Also I feel so much better around 13 hrs after I have taken the medication. Right after taking it and hours on I feel like a zombie, body feels soooo heavy and I feel lethargic, sick and depressed. But at the very least not shaky/withdrawal. Never had neither anxiety nor depression before covid, never taken any meds like this, so I dunno if I am supposed to feel this crap? Halp? lol

Thank you ❤️

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yes mate it's normal unfortunately I'm 12 weeks in and still shake have weakness and pains like having flu still have morning anxiety and anxiety waves through the day I increased to 40mg 6 weeks

• Posted

ooof that's wild. are we going to have to stay like this? that's incredibly disappointing in that case lol.

• Posted

hi there this medication is quite powerful. but it is no over night fix. you will be like a roller coaster for months. but you will start to notice little things like you can get up. you can go for a 10 minutes walk. you can do some house chores.

then the feeling can go just like that. stomach problems sweating shaking jittering tremmors is completely normal. also confusion and out of body experiences. numbness is very normal. and bad thoughts are normal. try not to focus on them and let them slide. otherwise you will feel more anxious. these medications cause 100s of side effects that make you feel terminally ill and it's very dibbilitating. keep taking your medication and be safe. these tablets are not a magic wand. they are here to block our symptoms and feel a little bit more grounded. mental health some days get easier and others feel like hell like you can't even wake up

your eating may deplete and your sleep maybe non existent and you may come irritable. listen to your body and rest when it needs. if you can't be bothered eating. eat Weetabix smoothies . pure juice. something easy.

these are some of the symptoms i have had and still get

sickness

nausea

confusion

twitches

numbness

more anxiety

electric jolts

no eating

aches pains

flu symptoms

headaches

vision problems

itchiness agitation

wobbly balance jelly legs

jaw aches

and many more symptoms

try get a shower dressed and what not

brush your teeth

make sure your hydrating your self because mental health makes you forget to do anything. and just neglect our appearance and hygine

baby steps little progress you will get there

i am 4 months in on 40 mg. if you need to chat message me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.