Withdrawal or Precious Symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I was on Mirtazapine for about a year at 15mg.

Overall it worked very well for me.

Experienced some weight gain though.

My doctor put me on it for extreme insomnia over a couple of months and anxiety.

When on the pills, the insomnia had all but vanished. Anxiety was still there but at a manageable level.

A month ago i had my final dose.

I had tapered to 7.5, then 7.5 every second night, then third night over 3 months.

The taper worked well except for the first drop that was rough.

The first 3/4 weeks off them was great. I was feeling great and sleeping well.

Then last week, its like i fell off a cliff. Insomnia back worse than ever.

I've slept about 3 hours in 4 nights and cant function.

I'm thinking of going back on 7.5mgs and tapering again. Or go back to 15mg and accept ill be on this for a good while longer. Or and this is probably not great, having a few beers tonight so i can sleep and continue to rough it out for a while longer..

Has anybody any advice?

Thanks a lot.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Just to give an update on where i am..

I had a few beers that night and slept well.

It seemed to break the cycle and i slept ok for a few days afterwards. Last couple of nights the insomnia is back. If I got 30 mins sleep last night I'd be lucky.

I was at the doctor today.

I'm going back on 7.5mgs mirap for a while to hopefully get some sleep.

Im very disappointed but i cant function with no sleep and as most of you know, it affects everything.

• Posted

I really hope it works out for you, sleep is important!

I was on mirtazapine myself for sleeping problems.

How has 7,5 mg worked out with the sleep so far?

• Posted

Hi,

I'm still on the 7.5mg.

Its good for sleep but not as good as the 15mg was for me. I'm sleeping well enough most of the time though.

The plan is to keep things as they are for a few months and try to come off again.

What dose are you going cold turkey from?

People seem to had very different reactions to getting off the drug, I hope you are one of the lucky ones..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.