Worried about hormone disorder

Posted , 3 users are following.

I noticed about a tuft of hair on my daughters neck about 8 months after her first period (11.5 years old).

its located on the left lower side of neck (toward the front) not directly in middle the hairs are long, not so thick, almost fuzzy, lightly coloredpeople never notice the hair unless we point it out

her periods come about every 40 days or so

she went for 8 months without period last year but pediatric gyno thought it was because she lost 15 pounds in 4 months thats another story she has since gained some weight back, about 7 pounds and her periods have resumed

im very anxious all i can think of is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome the gyno saw her in august and said the hair was not hormonal however i feel that it has gotten sligthly more pronounced since then

going for her yearly physical tomorrow so scared that we will have to send her for hormone testing

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry mom, it's not unheard of,and i am certain that if you have a sit down with the doctor, he will reassure you that this not abnormal at her age.

Take care

Retired nurse

• Posted

hi! thank you so much for your reply

the dr saw her yesterday and did not think the hair was hormonal this is the 3rd dr that saw it (gyno, derm, pediatrician)

hopefully they are all correct and only cosmetic

thank you!❤❤❤

• Posted

glad you got that info from the doctor! I had that on my neck also and cut it off and it did not come back. However that was done after puberty.

I think you daughter will be fine! Take care..

• Posted

Don't worry mom, it's not unheard of,and i am certain that if you have a sit down with the doctor, he will reassure you that this not abnormal at her age.

Take care

Retired nurse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.