WORRIED - Petechiae or something else???

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been getting more and more of these red/purple dots on my skin. They're sparsely spread out over my whole body and not clumped together. They don't look like a rash. They don't itch and aren't really raised/bumpy. They're teeny tiny and it seems they're not getting less but more. image

I recently had inflammation (probably intestinal) so I'm not sure whether it's related or if it could be early symptoms of something more serious. Went for blood tests and an ultrasound last week for other symptoms but only thing that came up was high CRP. Abdomen looked fine. WBC was fine.

Please assist! I'm desperate for answers

Kind regards

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

the CRP reading was possibly due to your recent inflammation. You look very fair skinned and if you are a sun lover this can cause these tiny marks. They show up more on fair skin.

As long as you are feeling well and these dont suddenly multiply like a rash, I'm not sure there is anything else to do. If you are overweight you may get a high CRP, but was the reading just a little bit high or excessively high?

• Posted

Hi Marina

Thank you so much for your response. I haven't been in the sun much in 2021 which is when they started appearing. I've been in the sun more recently and then noticed I got quite a few more. I was thinking it was vitamin D deficiency related?

Then my CRP was extremely high. Around 73. I've been feeling really bad melaise this last week which is why I also got concerned.

Kind regards

• Edited

Its usually a vit C deficiency that may be associated with a lot of petechiae, but in a modern society you should be getting plenty of Vit C from your food.

May I suggest waiting 2 weeks from your last blood test and then have it done again to see if that CRP reading is raising or lowering, or just the same. a reading of 73 is very high.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.